EAX distortion fix?

Glass

sgàthan ìnnleachd
I have a SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS with the latest Creative drivers and updates, and it works fine except when EAX is used, there's this awful crackling noise. I'm aware of the kX drivers but they don't support EAX. I bought this card specifically for EAX and I can't even use it! Any fix/workaround/tips? That don't involve disabling EAX?

i don't know. it's a new card so you'd think they woulda fixed that issue by now.

- maybe try a different slot.
- if you don't have the latest bios, do that.
- mess with your pci timings in the bios. sensibly, of course.

Yea I tried everything listed in Creative's FAQ, no luck. I also noticed that EAX environment effects work (although sometimes with crackling) but if I try to use any Advanced EQ effects there is no sound.

This is where I usually return the product and swear never to buy from the manufacturer again.

Add up the hours you spent working the issue and figure out how many upgrades that would buy for your PC if you spent those hours at work getting paid.

'LeeJend - This is where I usually return the product and swear never to buy from the manufacturer again'

Mmm, I think this is my last Creative purchase.

Anyways I have heard that a lot of people have a lot of different sound issues with the Audigy 2 ZS line, so here's a small zipped MP3 of what rain sounds like in Splinter Cell with EAX on. Not too pleasant on the ears.

Attachments

• Splinter Cell EAX rain.zip
    51.3 KB · Views: 30
Glass said:
'LeeJend - This is where I usually return the product and swear never to buy from the manufacturer again'

Mmm, I think this is my last Creative purchase.

Anyways I have heard that a lot of people have a lot of different sound issues with the Audigy 2 ZS line, so here's a small zipped MP3 of what rain sounds like in Splinter Cell with EAX on. Not too pleasant on the ears.
ouch! that's some painful rain. :mad:

Hard to say, bro. I just purchased an Audigy 2 ZS and have had no trouble so far. Tried several games with EAX and no cracking/popping.

devynal, how close is your Audigy to your GeForce? Like, how many slots away?

I have experienced the same problem with various iterations of creative drivers...

now I know ati a coupla years back had bad drivers :D BUT... no one has made as consistently terrible drivers as CL has :)

the static noises and random pops are all part of what I have grown used to till something else fixes it..

roll back to an older driver revision or get a turtlebeach or other product :(

for what its worth though.. the HARDWARE itself is pretty decent from CL...

OT... to give you some perspective... CL's drivers don't even detect my audigy since I installed it in my current system so I canb't update drivers... only use the stock default original ones...

Glass --

------ GeForce
_____
_____ Audigy
_____
_____
_____

1 AGP, 5 PCI --- the way it looks it's 3 slot holes away, but looking at the board, it's 2 physical away.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back