Eat You Heart Out iPhone Users

definately no wi-fi
I was all ready to buy it until I read that

What's next? a phone that only makes voice calls? :)

Are you kidding me?

Unless you are in a 3G area, Wifi is the only other thing that makes data transfer tolerable.

Are you guys sure there is no wifi?

Here are the specs for it: (from crackberry)

• EVDO Rev A: (1900/800 MHz)
  • GSM/GPRS/EDGE: (850/900/1800/1900 MHz)
  • UTMS/HSDPA/HSUPA: 2100MHZ
  • WiFi: None
  • Size: 112.52 x 62.2 x 13.95 mm
  • Screen 3.25 " HVGA+ 480x360 Multi-touch, Gesture Touch
  • Battery: 1400mAh (removable! take that iPhone!)
  • Memory: 1GB flash for media/ 192 meg ram
  • Camera: 3.2 MP camera, vanity mirror, no Auto-flash (darn printers!)
  • Audio: 3.5mm jack, bluetooth stereo, Rhapsody OTA purchase and tethered subscription capable
  • Browser: Every feature the IPhone safari webkit has, minus support for tabs. No flash support.
You know the more I think about it, the more I still want either the curve, bold, or pearl.

NO WiFi
However, the Storm does not have wi-fi, which is a major omission. Why doesn't it? Verizon's official statement: "WiFi would add bulk, cost and is a drain on a battery so when we looked at that in context of our nationwide 3G network, we chose not to include Wi-Fi." Bad move, folks. Wi-fi is a huge asset when traveling abroad -- international data roaming is a ripoff -- or when you're in a lousy coverage area.

there you go a large fail for verizon.

The phone has been getting bad reviews as far as the typing area as well. The whole face is a button, so typing is not an advatantagable thing. Plus the keys are too small.

The phone has been getting bad reviews as far as the typing area as well. The whole face is a button, so typing is not an advatantagable thing. Plus the keys are too small.

I don't generally have a problem typing on my Storm. The keyboard in my opinion works well. As you move your finger around the keyboard each key and the surronding are will glow blue. This helps you ensure you have the correct key pressed before clicking it. However, the issue I have is moving the cursor around the screen if you need to edit an email/sms.

the new samsung SAGA for verizon has the full keyboard plus wif plus touchscreen..seems nice i plan on checking it out!

I don't generally have a problem typing on my Storm. The keyboard in my opinion works well. As you move your finger around the keyboard each key and the surronding are will glow blue. This helps you ensure you have the correct key pressed before clicking it. However, the issue I have is moving the cursor around the screen if you need to edit an email/sms.

the new samsung SAGA for verizon has the full keyboard plus wif plus touchscreen..seems nice i plan on checking it out!

That is another issue with it as well, dwarfdata. The biggest downfall for people is the typing and what you mention, and the fact that wifi is not in it. In some ways I think a stylus would help a little bit.

They are saying to hold off on getting the storm right now. There is more coming out to compete with the iphone. The omni is supposed to be a really good one.

As far as the storm, I am sure they will update it to add what is missing on it now. So we will.

As far as the storm, I am sure they will update it to add what is missing on it now. So we will.

One day, but the iphone is still one Bad Ass device! The new verizon saga has a sim card...maybe one day it will work in an iphone!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back