Eat You Heart Out iPhone Users

They will combine the best of both into one. They will continue to call it Windows Mobile (why would they call it anything but). This is my speculation, not fact.

They will combine the best of both into one. They will continue to call it Windows Mobile (why would they call it anything but). This is my speculation, not fact.
somebody explain to me why the windows mobile operating system can't do the same interface as the ipod and this blackberry?

I understand there is differant hardware, for instance the ipod has an accelerometer, but why is the interface something that is beyond windows mobile?

It's not. Look at HTC's TouchFLO interface. TouchFLO 3D is even better.

Storm part duex is already in the works :s

I want my HTC Touch Pro!

The feature that really makes the iPhone is the app store and I think only the G1 and it's openness will make a real difference.

Had a play with a Storm the other day, it was really really nice to use. so easy to type a text message or email using the full touchscreen qwerty keyboard.
The clickable screen is really nifty and easy to use even with my fat fingers. The screen feels huge + has a very sharp/crisp picture compared to my N95 8GB.

The thing that holds me off isnt the phone, its the priceplans that go with it :p
£40 a month for 18 months puts me off, though you do get 600 mins + unlimeted texts + unlimeted internet + blackberry email. i would rather pay ~£400 for the phone + keep my PAYG Simcard.

If verizon offers an unlimited text and voice with their plans, along with this phone - I might upgrade to it. If not, then I will be getting the black berry curve, or pearl.

If verizon offers an unlimited text and voice with their plans, along with this phone - I might upgrade to it. If not, then I will be getting the black berry curve, or pearl.
I'm with you on that too, I'm currently a verizon customer, and my work phone is threw AT&T, I hate the thing.

I have the unlimited plan already

Phone will be released Nov 21, this Friday. The phone will retail for $499 at Verizon and $599 at Best Buy and $199.99 on a 2 year contract after a $50 mail-in rebate!

Yep, I like that unlimited plan. I am seriously looking into it :)

No Wi-Fi on the storm? Why would they not include that?

It does not have wifi, but with the unlimited data plan; who needs it ??

I bought a Storm from Vodafone last Saturday. As I was porting my number it didn't become fully active until Wednesday.
On the whole, I'm happy with the fone. HOWEVER!!!!! There is currently a serious problem with the battery life. It sucks. Driving home from London, a full charge lasted just over 3 hours. I had bluetooth turned on for my handsfree kit and made approx 5-10 minutes worth of calls.
Checking the Vodafone forums this is an issue a lot of people are having but is is believed to be a firmware issue as the pre-release versions didn't suffer with it.
So, I'm desperately awaiting the firmware release to resolve this.

exactly, why would anyone need wifi with unlimeted data? i see wifi as not needed in this case.

Well I don't know what levels of data an average BB user would get through but having Wifi on my iPhone is indispensable and I doubt I'd ever use another PDA type phone without Wifi support. Unless of course we end up with a super fast mobile data network to rival Wifi but then most computers will patch into that too :p

Are you kidding me?

Unless you are in a 3G area, Wifi is the only other thing that makes data transfer tolerable.

Are you guys sure there is no wifi?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back