Eat You Heart Out iPhone Users

Personally i still vote for the Samsung Omnia...

Not officially, but you can import it without US 3G (pointless, I know).

Personally i still vote for the Samsung Omnia...

I had one and it went back. Nice phone with some great features but the wifi was awful and the GPS did not work very well either. So I would not recommend it personally.

really they where the two reasons i wanted it, but you are in the uk, perhaps it would work better here.

Does anyone know if these new phones have capacitive or resistive screens?

Does anyone know if these new phones have capacitive or resistive screens?

Yeah I was wondering that too. Though there are befits to them both I can't see resistive lasting due to not being as responsive.

lancer - Wifi is the same no matter where you are and the GPS should not vary much either. Try googling for 'weak wifi' you should find some info.
You might have more luck maybe mine was a bad unit as not everyone moans about the same things - best bet is try one :)

ya know, the more I look at that blackberry, and read about it, the more I like it. I just hope there is a way to remove some of those links on the front panel; as some of them I would either never use, or wouldn't use them enough to have them in view all the time.

Like this for example:
rim_blackberry_thunder_9500_series.jpg

I am sure those are the standard icons that you sort of NEED :)

Mail, internet, calendar, photos, GPS and lord knows whatever else. I know on the iPhone you can change them around so maybe the same is true for this.

You can hide and move icon around on the Blackberry. I have a lot of hidden icons

I wish, I have a 8730e for business and a Pearl for personal use. You can hide apps/move icons on all BBs and delete programs

I wonder if Microsoft will really snap 'em up. The next month will be an interesting month.

Well, if MS buys RIM, which OS will they keep? Windows Mobile or RIM's proprietary OS?

I would assume nothing will change for a year or two. But they will combine the best features of both into Windows Mobile 9.

That does sound interesting, matt. I wonder what the outcome will be ..

I would assume nothing will change for a year or two. But they will combine the best features of both into Windows Mobile 9.

So you are suggesting that Microsoft will "throw away" an entire OS, and just implement features in Windows Mobile 9? RIM is not the hardware, they have a proprietary OS platform/push services and that is where the money is.

I believe Daring Fireball said it best: http://daringfireball.net/linked/2008/10/10/rim-msft . It would mean they want to completely abandon Windows Mobile. Which has been a sub-par product from the start, there is a reason BlackBerry's are rooted within the corporate environment and Windows Mobile is not.

So you are suggesting that Microsoft will "throw away" an entire OS, and just implement features in Windows Mobile 9? RIM is not the hardware, they have a proprietary OS platform/push services and that is where the money is.

I believe Daring Fireball said it best: http://daringfireball.net/linked/2008/10/10/rim-msft . It would mean they want to completely abandon Windows Mobile. Which has been a sub-par product from the start, there is a reason BlackBerry's are rooted within the corporate environment and Windows Mobile is not.

Yep, BES's are BIG business as well.

Microsoft will likely not push everything out the door wrt Blackberry's OS but, I expect some kind of integration.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back