Easy CD Creator 5 FREE TRIAL VERSION

E

Eve

I used to have Easy CD Creator 4 installed under Win98se, when I upgraded to XP, it was not compatible, and I could not use the CDRW or DVD so I downloaded the free trial version of version 5. All was going well until Windows crashed and I had to reinstall it. When I did, Easy CD Creator 5 had disappeared. I tried to re-download it from the Roxio website, but it was no longer there. Problem is, even though the software is no longer on my computer, the drivers are. On the properties box for my CDRW and my DVD drive it says that "Windows has prevented these drivers from loading as they may cause it to become unstable" This would explain why windows freezes for no reason.

The drivers are: Cdr4_2k.sys and Cdralw2k.sys. I have tried to unistall them, but it unistalls all the drivers associated with the CDRW and DVD, then when I reinstalled them it reinstalls the dodgy ones too. I have tried deleting them, but then the CDRW and DVD just disappear.

I was wondering, does anyone have a copy of the FREE TRIAL Version of Easy CD Creator 5. Please understand, I am not looking for free illegal software, I am just looking for the trial version until I, or rather my credit card can afford the full version. If so can you please email me @: eve2002@eircom.net

Thanks in advance for your help.

Eve:p

Originally posted by Dubbin1
You could always forget about easy cd and get nero. Seems to be a much better program. http://www.nero.com/en/download.htm

Thanks, I thought of that, but I wasn't sure whether it will replace the drivers or just add others, if this is so then surely I'll still have the same problem? Any ideas?

Eve :D

TO DUBBIN1

Dubbin1,

I took your advice and downloaded the trial version of Nero. No difference, drivers are still wrong, and when I trie to burn a cd I got errors. Nothing will show up on the cd. I am attaching the log file from the error.

Eve

umm this might have nothing to do with it, but try looking inside your box at your burner. check to see if all of the chords that are coming out of it are snug in their connections at both ends. this had happened to me too and that was how i fixed it

Brad

Brad,

thanks, but it was working fine til windows crashed and ezcd disappeared, it was f***ed up before I downloaded the trial version of ezcd then it worked fine. As far as I can gather, the drivers are from ezcd4, which isn't compatible. Once I got version 5 it worked like a dream. Symptoms are the same, so I'm sure it's the same problem. Thanks anyway.

Eve

The following is from the Roxio web site, Easy CD Creator is a real pain to uninstall completely but you need to get it completely uninstalled before you reinstall it. The uninstall instructions should provide you enough info to get rid of the files and drivers that were left after your problem. The instructions for uninstalling ECDC 4.x follow the instructions for 5.x.

This is to uninstall ECDC 5.x

Log on With Administrative Privileges and:

1)Setup a clean boot via the MSCONFIG utility: Go to "Start" and select "Run", type MSCONFIG and click OK. In the General tab choose Selective Startup. Under Selective Startup uncheck: Load startup group items. Click "Apply" and then click "Close". Restart your computer and log on as Administrator. If a window opens warning you, that you are using the "System Configuration Utility" click "OK" and then "Cancel".
2)Go to "Start" then "Search", look in C:\ (or the drive where your operating system is located) and search for: Prtseqrd.sys (If you do not find this file, skip these 3 steps.)
3)Rename this file changing its extensions to .ROX
4)(Right click on the file name and choose "rename" then change "prtseqrd.sys" to "prtseqrd.ROX", This file is installed with Take Two, if you did not install it you will not have the file.)
5)If you decided to not finish this article at any point please rename this file back, you will be doing that later in this article.
6)Remove all CD Recording software(without restarting your system):
7)Uninstall all Adaptec Software from your system, do not reboot ("Add\Remove Programs" in Control Panel)
8)Look for Easy CD Creator, Direct CD, Take Two
9)Uninstall all other burning software (your computer or CD-Recorder may have come with software), do not reboot.

Next Clean Easy CD Creator completely from your system:
1)Go to "Start" then "Search", look in C:\ (or the drive where your operating system is located) and search for:
· Cdr4vsd.sys
· Cdr4dll.dll
. Cdral.dll
· Cdrtc.dll
2)Rename all files changing their extensions to .ROX (Right click on the file name and choose "rename")
3)Go to "Start" and then to "My Computer" and select it.
4)Go into your C:\ drive (C:\ is default install drive, compensate accordingly if you installed in another location)
5)Go into the "Program Files" Folder
6)Look for a "Adaptec" folder and if found delete it
7)Look for a "Direct CD" folder and if found delete it
8)Go into the "Common Files" Folder
9)Look for an "Adaptec" and/or "Adaptec Shared" folder and if found delete them.
10)Go into the "InstallShield" Folder (C:\Program Files\Common File\InstallShield and rename the "Engine" and "IScript" folders to "Engine.ROX" and "Iscript.ROX"

WARNING: THE NEXT 6 STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. WE RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE EDITING YOUR REGISTRY THAT YOU SKIP THIS STEP.
Clean Easy CD Creator from your Registry:
1)Go to "Start" then "Run" and type "regedit" and press enter or click "OK"
2)Look for "HKey_Local_Machine", Expand it (Either double click it or click the + beside it)
3)Look for" Software", Expand it and select "Adaptec", if found, and delete (click once it will become high lighted then press "delete" (delete on your keyboard)
4)Look for "Hkey_Current_User", expand it
5)Look for "Software", expand it
6)Select "Adaptec", if found, and delete it
Reinstall Easy CD Creator in this manor:
1)Go to "Start" then "Search", look in C:\ (or the drive where your operating system is located) and search for: Prtseqrd.ROX
2)Rename this file changing its extension to .sys
3)(Right click on the file name and "choose" rename then change "prtseqrd.ROX" to "prtseqrd.sys") and reboot your computer.
4)Once you are back on your desktop, Install Easy CD Creator from the Roxio install disk (We recommend a custom install and removing Take Two from the installation, also if you receive a warning that no CD Recorder was detected continue with the install anyway) and reboot.
Update to the latest version if needed:
First you will need to determine the version of software that you have to begin with. The “CD Jewel Case” (the card board container that holds the installation CD) has the version you are starting with on the back of it. Turn to the back and you will see the CD-Key in the Upper right corner. In the lower left corner you should have a sticker that show the REV (Revision). There are three shipping versions 5.0, 5.02, and 5.1.
If you no longer have your CD Jewel Case you can find your version by:
1)Go to “Start” then “Programs” then “Roxio Easy CD Creator” and select “Project Selector”
2)Move your mouse over “make a data CD” and then select “data CD project”
3)Go to “Help” and then to “About”
4)The window that opens will show your current version; if it is 5.1.x.x you do not need an update at this time.

The install instruction are different for each version please follow the instruction that correspond to your version:

If you have 5.1: You do not need an update; this is the latest version.

If you have 5.0 or 5.02 update to the latest version at:
http://www.roxio.com/en/support/roxio_support/ecdc/ecdc_software_updatesv5.html
Reboot and test your software, it should be functioning correctly in Windows XP. You should now go to "Start" then "Run", type msonfig and select "Normal Startup".

For more standard troubleshooting steps for Easy CD Creator under each operating system use the Roxio Support Knowledge base (A.S.K.) at: http://ask.roxio.com/

If Windows no longer shows your CD-ROM: 011119-000000

This is for ECDC 4.x

Next Clean Easy CD Creator completely from your system:

1. Go to "Start" then "Search", look in C:\ (or the drive where your operating system is located) and search for:
Note: You may not find all of these files, continue anyway.
Cdr4vsd.sys
Cdr4dll.dll
Cdral.dll
Cdrtc.dll

2. Rename all files changing their extensions to .ROX (Right click on the file name and choose "rename")
3. Go to "Start" and then to "My Computer" and select it.
4. Go into your C:\ drive (C:\ is default install drive, compensate accordingly if you installed in another location)
5. Go into the "Program Files" Folder
6. Look for a "Adaptec" folder and if found delete it
7. Look for a "Direct CD" folder and if found delete it
8. Go into the "Common Files" Folder
9. Look for an "Adaptec" and/or "Adaptec Shared" folder and if found delete them.

WARNING: THE NEXT STEP INVOLVES EDITING YOUR SYSTEM REGISTRY. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND YOU EXPORT YOUR REGISTRY BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY EDITING. EDITING YOUR REGISTRY INCORRECTLY CAN CAUSE IRREPARABLE SYSTEM DAMAGE. WE RECOMMEND THAT IF YOU DO NOT FEEL COMFORTABLE EDITING YOUR REGISTRY THAT YOU SKIP THIS STEP.

Clean Easy CD Creator from your Registry:

1. Go to "Start" then "Run" and type "regedit" and press enter or click "OK"
2. Look for "HKey_Local_Machine", Expand it (Either double click it or click the + beside it)
3. Look for" Software", Expand it and select "Adaptec", if found, and delete (click once it will become high lighted then press "delete" (delete on your keyboard)
4. Look for "Hkey_Current_User", expand it
5. Look for "Software", expand it
6. Select "Adaptec", if found, and delete it
7. Remove the Upperfilters and Lowerfilters values completely from the following registry key:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

To finish:

1. Go to "Start" then "Search", look in C:\ (or the drive where your operating system is located) and search for: Prtseqrd.ROX (if found and renamed earlier).
2. Rename this file changing its extension to .sys
(Right click on the file name and "choose" rename then change "prtseqrd.ROX" to "prtseqrd.sys") and reboot your computer.
3. Reboot your system.
4. You should now go to "Start" then "Run", type msonfig and select "Normal Startup".

wow...just wow...thats a lot of typing....i really hope u did copy and paste :D :cool:

Brad

The drivers that are still on your machine (Cdr4_2k.sys and Cdralw2k.sys) are for Easy CD Creator 4. If you still have the disc for Easy CD Creator 4 run the uninstall from the disk that should get rid of all the remnants of the old program. But you would be better off getting Nero Burning Rom it works great. Thats all I use on my XP box, no problems what so ever.
When you upgradeed to XP you had Easy CD Creator 4 on your machine. Since it was not compatable with XP you installled the trial version of Easy CD Creator 5, but when XP crash and you reinstalled XP the version 4 drivers were still there. That's because like you said, Easy CD Creator 5 had disapeared, XP saw It like you never installed version 5. But you did, but the only thing left is the drivers for version 4. And like you said with Easy CD Creator 4 your drives didn't work. That is probbably why it's all weirded out.

Ok, can't wait any longer. Am going to do it now, don't worry, I'll create a restor point first. Keep you fingers crossed for me. I'll let you know how I got on.

Eve;)

Ok, done it, and WOOHOO!!! No more pesky driver problems. Thanks JW50, you're a star.

Still can't burn the cd I wanted though. Won't do it through WMP or Nero.

WMP goes through the list "converting" then goes back to the first song and says "copying 0%" or whatever, then says "closing cd" all the rest of the songs say "will not fit" and the one that is supposed to be copied to the cd doesn't show up on it.

Nero gets most of the way throught then says theres an error and stops, still nothing shows up on the cd. This is driving me crazy, have spent the last 3 or 4 days trying to burn the one cd! ECDC might have not been compatible and a b***h to uninstall, but at least it burnt what I wanted it to!

Any ideas would be greatfully appreciated.

yeah i had that problem too...i dont know if you have been doing it, but i believe there is an update at windowsupdate.microsoft.com for the cd burning issues....also the way i fixed mine was checking my data chord inside the box.

Brad

Try updating your ASPI layer to version 4.70 at Adaptec in the downloads section under Windows XP. This cures a lot of burning probs.

Bigeyedfish: Have the update, thanks anyway :p

Waldo: after spending all that time and effort getting adaptec software off my computer I'm not too sure I want to add more. Besides, I went to the page just to check it out and the download link is broken, I think I'll take it as a sign that my first instincts were right! *lol* ;)

Eve, ASPI layer does not cause the problems associated with Adaptec and Roxio software and XP CD burning. You can also get ASPI here.

Waldo,

can you give the address of the download page itself. Not the page where you click on the icon of a computer to download it. Not sure exactly whats wrong but lately when I click on a link like that it just open a new blank IE page with nothing on it. Usually I just rightclick on the link and copy the address, but on that link it doesn't give me the option.

Thanks,

Originally posted by Waldo
It's here.

That's the page with the link that won't work for me, I need to know the exact address of the download. When I click on the Download link on that page it opens a new blank page, and if I right click on it, there's no option to copy the shortcut.

Eve

Eve, that is the exact address. The download link is the link to download the file. Do you have downloads enabled in your browser security settings?

Yes, I do, I even downloaded other things to today, but it just won't let me download it. When I click on the link all it does is open a new blank ie page. If you have the file can you e-mail it to me? this problem is driving me crazy.

I've been trying to burn same cd since last wednesday. Which wouldn't be too bad, except I'm doing it for someone else and they keep asking if I've done it yet. Thanks for your help.

Eve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back