EASPORTS cant log into multiplayer this page cant be displayed error

Shamus MacNoob

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
The latest patch from windows updates from 11/12/07 renders all EAsports games useless ... you wont be able to log on to the lobbies to play , go to add remove look for the windows updates patch for IE7 from 11/12/07 and remove it . reboot and all is fine

Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows XP (KB942615)
Date last published: 12/11/2007
Security issues have been identified that could allow an attacker to compromise a system running Internet Explorer and gain control over it. You can help protect your system by installing this update from Microsoft. After you install this item, you may have to restart your computer.System Requirements
Recommended CPU: Not specified.
Recommended memory: Not specified.
Recommended hard disk space: Not specified.How to Uninstall
This software update can be removed via Add or Remove Programs in Control Panel.Get help and support
http://support.microsoft.comMore information

awww, xbox live how I love thee.

There is no one online in NHL07 both my NHL07 and my Tigerwoods 07 could not connect to the lobbies until I removed the update ...

http://forums.ea.com/mboards/thread.jspa?threadID=316510&tstart=0

Microsoft Corp. acknowledged late yesterday that security patches issued last week for Internet Explorer (IE) crippled the browser for some users, but rather than rework the fix, the company offered up a registry hack work-around.

The confirmation and work-around came a week after users installed Security Update MS07-069 on Dec. 11, and users immediately began reporting that they were unable to connect to the Internet with IE or that the browser kept crashing. MS07-069, one of seven bulletins issued on December's "Patch Tuesday," fixed four critical vulnerabilities in IE 5.01, IE6 and IE7.

Although Microsoft had said on Monday that it was investigating the reports, yesterday the company owned up to the problem. "On a Windows XP Service Pack 2-based computer, Internet Explorer 6 may stop responding when you try to a visit a Web site," said Kieron Shorrock, the program manager responsible for IE at the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC).

Microsoft offered a work-around late yesterday. That fix, which was actually taken from an earlier support document, requires that users edit Windows' registry, a daunting task to most. "If you experience this issue, implement the applicable work-around," advised McCoy on the official IE blog.

view.gif
View: Microsoft Support Workaround
source.gif
News source: ComputerWorld

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back