Easiest way to overclock

Goatman

Ska Daddy
The easiest way to overclock is by pumping up the FSB of your motherboard. For example mine is up to 140 instead of 133. that makes my CPU 12.5 X 140 = 1.75 GHz
instead of 12.5 X 133 = 1.66 GHz

you might have to increase the core voltage to do this, which makes more heat! you have to be careful with the heat. All the above is done in the BIOS.

thanks for info. someone probably already asked you this somewhere goatman but did you overclock your LG burner by a firmware update?
where did you get this from? is it possible on my burner (see sig)
thanks

yes it is a firmware upgrade, and I don't think you can, because the 32X and up drives use diffetent hardware... but the 32X and 40X are the same.

easy tune 4

I have a Gigabyte board gotta love the fact that they supply you with easytune on their site to overclock your board the easy way

I pumped up the fsb by 10mgz and it runs like the wind it also has the system moniters included for cpu fan,system fan, power fan all with temp,s ,rpm,s and alarm settings way to go Gigabyte:cool:

Originally posted by SnookBooger
Easiest way to overclock is with Soft Menu III

If you have an abit board.

SoftFSB is a good way to change your fsb from within windows. Anyway i'm off to bed, it's 2:06am here.

Hey Kermit, looks like someone loves their Gigabyte board :)
I love mine too....awsome board...

Got that right

Originally posted by Nick M
Hey Kermit, looks like someone loves their Gigabyte board :)
I love mine too....awsome board...

Damn fine board !!! :cool:

do these progs work with any mainboard? I have a Tyan Trinity KT-A (S2390B)..

Posted by RobbieSan
do these progs work with any mainboard? I have a Tyan Trinity KT-A (S2390B)..

It depends on your clock generator thats on your board robbie, see here
for details on how to find your PLL.
But changing the fsb bus from the bios is your best option if it is available to you.

hey. I dont have that in the BIOS. Its from sony.

How do i do that thing?

Overclock my FSB?

You've got a notebook, it probably isnt the best idea to overclock your processor....
If you want to change your fsb and its not available in the bios, open up your notebook and look for the PLL chip. Then download either cpuFSB/cpuCool or softFSB and then select your PLL and then you can change the fsb.

But as i said, overclocking your notebook isn't recommended as it generates a lot of heat.

Pls help: How can I increase the FSB by BIOS?

I have 100MHz x 4 = 400MHz

tks,
/MD

ok i thought a sony vaio was a notebook. sorry i'm mistaken, I didnt realise sony vaio could be in a desktop. anyways, just follow what i said and it's all good. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back