Easier way to edit the quick launch bar

M

m3rlin

Want an easier way to edit your quicklaunch bar rather than right clicking on it all the time?

Assumes: You have "show hidden and system files" Selected in folder options
               You know your username

Instructions: Open My Computer or explorer and navagate to:
-->x:\
 --> Documents and Settings
  --> <your username>
   --> Application Data
    --> Microsoft
     --> Internet Explorer
      --> Quick Launch

(Note: replace x with your windows hdd letter and change <your username> to your username's directory).

From here you can add or remove shortcuts easily :)

If you have any problems, just reply to this post and i'll try to help you :)

P.S: Shouts go to Daniel for showing me this in the first place :D

Thats easier than simply dragging icons on or off the quick launch bar?

hehe.. for me it is.. i've got 2 lines of icons and in total that's like, 50-60 icons.. so yea.. it's WAY easier for me ;)

Then again, if you're normal and have like, 10 then it's a little bit of trouble hehe

or just right click on the quicklaunch bar and select open folder

Originally posted by m3rlin
hehe.. for me it is.. i've got 2 lines of icons and in total that's like, 50-60 icons.. so yea.. it's WAY easier for me ;)

Then again, if you're normal and have like, 10 then it's a little bit of trouble hehe

Urm.. why not make your own toolbar, I have a tools & media bar as well as quicklaunch. Even Simpler, and no worries or corrupting quicklaunch :) <<--seems simple 2 me!

blah! i didn't know about that haha..im still used to 98 :eek: How silly of me :p

Oh.. and about the open folder thing.. damn.. :p Didn't know that existed either hehe

this was posted on the main page a while back. i love it. vastly superior to quicklauch if you configure it right. the email notification is the best part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back