ear infections suck as*

had to go to the emergency room at 3 this morning it hurt so bad. they gave me cipro and tylenol 3 but still feel like a cat is trying to crawl out of my ear....

im just bitc*ing. im miserable.

I get them every year usually after Xmas. I use suda cream tcp and cotton wool squirted into my ear then a lickle bit of olive oil to seal and a lickle piece of of cotton wool for warmth, I am alergic to antibiotics, well most of em.

def: lickle: very small, minute, slang for little.

been there many times... you should get ear wax removal stuff, and flush out your ears. Not that this will cure it but usually the cause is water that has gone stagnent (sp) in your ear and the solution (hydrogen peroxide) they give will remove all of that and the wax. That and see you doctor, because you might need some antibiotics for the infection.
Hope you feel better... I know your pain. Oh god do I know that pain!!

thanks.

and lee that is one diff treatment lol next time i wil try it... thank god i have great insurance and can go to the emergency room when i need too. doesnt help that today i had 2 tests. (didnt go)

Removing ear wax inside and not surface, cleaning it with cotton buds on sticks or sticking anything in your ears can cause an infection. I lost 40% of my hearing at 15 because of ear infections in both ears.

Hope you find a remedy quick, it's a real torture, the jaw ache, the constant throbbing, night upon night of 1 or two hours sleep, good luck with the treatment.

Get a syringe, thin one, no needle, you can get a bottle bung which allows syring to squeeze into, draw up 1 ml tcp, then 2 ml of suda cream genlty and slowly squirt into your ear(s), a little bit of Olive oil, extra virgin on a small bit of cotton wool, twist it in gently into your ear(s) to seal and take some pain killers before you sleep.

I usually beginning of November wear a small piece of cotton wool in both ears dowsed in Olive oil to stop the icy winds going in, usually till easter so i don't get an infection. It sometimes works, last year it didn't, such a relief to sleep with out that throb.

i currently have an ear infection in my left ear. if you have a fan or ac in the room turn it off as i have found it makes it much worse. the pain for me is so bad that i have to take vicodin.

i forgot to mention a intresting fact ear infections are contagiouse aparently. thought id point it out.

Well don't pass it to me :p
Sorry to hear that petal,hope it gets better soon :D

I did forget to mention having to sleep with a hot water bottle wrapped in a soft towel as a pillow at night, yes the water bottle has hot water in it.

Ehhhwww.

I used to get them all the time, the olive oil really does help. It softens the wax and lets it come out easily w/o the probing. I also found that drying out my ears with q-tips after a shower or bath was a big help. I usally reach down inside to get it all dry, using 3-4 of them to make sure that I never touch the end I use.

The last one I had was a couple of years ago, I still remember the pain. Get better.

I use to get these all the time when I was a kid ... I'm so glad I no longer do *crosses fingers*. :) All I can say is good luck and should start to feel better within a couple of days.

I feel your pain I am glad I am not the only one that got and still gets them.

Well myself I am going on a trusted recipie, I wish i could use anti biotics make life a lot easier.

the cipro suspesion im using is finlay starting to work.. its still hurts alot but the itching brough on by the codine im taking is driving me nutts..

If you have a hot water bottle, sleep tonight with it wrapped up in a towel a few times round then lay our ear on it and drop off to sleep, do it till your ear clears up.

way ahead of you lee no hot water bottle but a lots of wash clothes in a plastic zip lock heated in the microwave helps alot.

Does it stay hot for long? Would get around 6 hours from bottle.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back