EAC 2 instances

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
I want to have 2 instances of EAC running so I can rip from 2 drives at the same time. I was told by the author of the software to install a second version into a different location. I did this, but when I open the 2nd instance, it still runs from the original's .exe.

Any one got any ideas how I can actually get this to work?

Suppose I am that impatient. Have you ever thought that maybe you could post something that helps people and not banish all of those that don't bow down to the beliefs of Catch 23?

BTW, that wouldn't cut down on the quality.

Originally posted by dreamliner77
I want to have 2 instances of EAC running so I can rip from 2 drives at the same time. I was told by the author of the software to install a second version into a different location. I did this, but when I open the 2nd instance, it still runs from the original's .exe.

Any one got any ideas how I can actually get this to work?

I think what you're saying is that when you run the second instance you still have the same choices of drives, etc. If this is the case it's not actually running the original exe but is using the same profile. Create a new profile in the second instance with the preferences you want. Then load that profile and rip away. I just finished ripping two discs simultaneously.

As you said, there was no degradation in the quality. However, I must say that I can rip faster just by doing one after another. My system specs are: Athlon T-Bird 1000, 768 MB SDRAM, Toshiba 16X DVD, Lite-On 40X12X48, and 2 IBM 60 GB ATA100 drives.

Hope this helps and I would be interested in knowing if you notice that you save any time by running two instances.

IT still doesn't work, you may be right about the profiles, but it still locks up on me just like when I run two instances of the same exe. I will try slapping it on a seperate partition later and see what happens.

I was going to suggest that you make sure that the "Target folder" and "Start in" folder were correct for your shortcut. But now that I see it is not just a problem with this application but others as well, I'll ask how much memory you have since you haven't mentioned that yet. While I was ripping two at once I noticed it put a large demand on resources.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back