EA to embed Ad's in games

EA had sponsors in the last NFS. Burger King, Axe, and Cingular come to mind.

EA is also working with ESPN to support real-time sports scores that will scroll across the bottom of the screen like you see on ESPN and ESPN2 currently :)

aprx its not about embedding, they've been doing that for ages, what they are doing new is making the ads dynamic, so that the ads you see in game will now be updated. so the next time you start nfs for instance instead of that coca cola billboard, it could be a cheetos billboard. This only applies to the PC and xbox new games.

I realize that some degree of advertising has been in not only EA titles but others for a while now. Its just that now it appears they are making it more obvious and perhaps even part of the game, and thats what makes me mad. Here is a quote that someone posted on a seperate site.

Starting with Need for Speed: Carbon and then moving on to Battlefield 2142, EA Games will begin embedding dynamic contextual in-game advertising. These ads will appear in various places throughout the virtual world, and according to EA will actually 'enhance' game play. While I don't want to turn this news item into a rant, it must be said that I'm rather fed up with EA Games and their cookie-cutter formulaic commoditization of gaming. If these games are to carry prominent in-game advertising, then I would expect that they retail for less than normal price - which does not appear to be the case. I also expect innovation and reliability to be the major focus of a games company, not just the generation of new revenue streams. EA would do well to examine their rusty model of rushing out essentially the same bug-ridden games every year with slight changes and charging premium prices for them. Remember that as a consumer it's up to you whether you want to reward this business model or not.

I dont think It could be put any better than that. Am I the only one that feels this way?

i actually don't care, for instance if its a fairly realistic game in game coca cola cans are fun to see.

i actually don't care, for instance if its a fairly realistic game in game coca cola cans are fun to see.

It really depends on the method in which they incorporate the ads. In some instances I agree with you, but usually only when its a natural and un obtrusive way. Knowing EA they will most likely present the ads in unnatural and obvious ways, basically shove the ads down your throat and make you look at them constantly.

It works this way, they slowly feed it to you and you accept it as natrual.
If you don't like it, don't buy it! Of course no one will listen to me anyway,
I warned people years ago about pay-per-view. I said, "Don't pay and it
will go away." Even after NBC's fiasco trying to charge for the Olympics
it is here to stay because people pay for it! What's next?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back