EA downloader SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LEARN FROM MY MISTAKE!!!!
IF you feel the need to buy from EA dont use the EA downloader

Iv had nothing but problems with this POS program all I F*cling want to do is play BF2 Special Forces Because of known internal bugs with it I get errors that have to be fixed by reinstalls. Right now I hate EA so much im really debating ever buying another game from them. Way to release SH*TTY BUG RIDDEN SOFTWARE

Other people are having the same issue

If the game asks you to insert Disc 1 when you attempt to install the game files, do not panic. Although it is impossible to insert the game disc (which you will not have, since you bought the downloader version), this is ok, because the error message is once again wrong. What has probably happened is that your anti-virus software, in a misguided attempt to protect you, has quarantined the crappy Game spy Arcade file that EA tried to sneak onto your computer. Once you restore that file, the game should install, and an EA representative will then break into your house and steal your TV.

Id kill for BF2 to be part of STEAM. Valve put EA out of business please... I will give you a cookie.

I will now end my rant for now. UNTIL the game crashes most likely in the next 45 minutes.

EDIT:

*Bangs head on desk* WHY!

look at this tried to patch the freaking game with a new patch.. and look what it gives me after downloading it.. AHHHHHHHHHHHHH
what type of flipping error code is that. Iv seen Microsoft error codes with more info. Paul Lee (Current EA Pres/Idiot) IF i had the power to crush your mind/genitals with my own mind I would do it over and over again until someone of competence could sweep your remnants up off the ground. )

juk01s.jpg

Oh look if i reinstall it for the 12th time ( im not kidding) it patches

More Reasons to hate EA

http://www.themightymjd.com/2004/12/ea-sucks.html

Last edited:
sigh at least i got a game in and it only crashed to desktop once.

EA is the worst thing in the gaming industry, they buy out decent game producers then make a sequel and strip out all the things that made the original game so fantastic.

Best examples are Command and Conquer and Battlefield 1942, these games were amazing, but after EA got a hold of them the things which made the games so amazing were gone.

Battlefield 1942 and Vietnam were great games, one of the most fun features was the co-op mode. EA got it, made Battlefield 2 and ripped out the co-op mode the one feature that made it absolutely amazing for lan gaming. They did improve the AI of the bots in single player, but they took out co-op. You can actually have a lan game with bots by getting one person to start up a single player then getting other people to connect to them, but its a dirty hack which could be closed by a patch at any time.

BTW most of the network code which EA produces is pretty buggy so I am not overly surprised that you are having troubles downloading the add-on pack. But the once they have your money why should they care about your ability to actually retrieve anything from their servers.

I'v always liked there games, but always hated the system they work with. I have always had many friggin problems, spend half the time fixing instead of playing.

I tend to agree with Bman. I love the NFS series and MVP Baseball. However, they don't give the user enough control over certain things.

Then again, I don't play many games.

Bman™ said:
I'v always liked there games, but always hated the system they work with. I have always had many friggin problems, spend half the time fixing instead of playing.

exactly. i spent more time getting **** to work last night than i did playing.

EA networking code is horrible. LOL Everytime i logon to there godforsaken servers it f's my router up and drops just for a second.

VenomXt said:
exactly. i spent more time getting **** to work last night than i did playing.

EA networking code is horrible. LOL Everytime i logon to there godforsaken servers it f's my router up and drops just for a second.

It's not just a problem with their PC games either. I've played their FIFA games on LIVE and it's quite lagtastic compared to other LIVE games.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back