E-Mailprinting error

Guybrush

Village Idiot
A colleque has asked me to see if anybody can help with a small problem. It seems when trying to print certain e-mails though his www.doctors.org.uk account, he gets the following error:

INTERNET EXPLORER SCRIPT ERROR

! An error has occured in the script of this page

Line: 93
Char: 1
Error: Access is denied
Code: 0
url: res://c:\windows\system32\shdoclc.dll/preview.dlg
Do yo want to continue running scripts on this page?

Clicking yes or no has little or no effect. My computer experience is pretty limited and I am at a loss. Does anybody have any ideas?

Open Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

Tick 'disable script debugging'.

See how that goes.

Hipster Doofus said:
Open Internet Explorer/Tools/Internet Options/Advanced.

Tick 'disable script debugging'.

See how that goes.[/QUOTE

Still no joy, any more ideas would be much appreciated

I had the same error message in OE as you posted. After trying all kinds of things as listed in web searches, I finally found a program that worked. However, if you try it be aware that it changes registry settings. So think seriously about it before using it, and make sure you backup your registry or set a restore point before using it. I scanned it with AVG and Nod32 prior to my using it, and there were no viruses or trojans found. But, you should still do the same if you download it and try it (after all, you don't know me, and it does change your registry, and being safe is always the best!).

Anyway, I zipped the file and put it on my webspace. If you want to try it, download it at the link at the bottom of this post, scan it, expand it, scan it again, back up registry or set a restore point for your computer, then double click the file and let it add to your registry. I used this on my WinXP Home computer and, as I said it worked for me, but I don't know if your error message is because of the same thing that was wrong with my computer.

http://bis.midco.net/dgkdrk/fix_printer_shdoclc.zip

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back