E-mail tracer

• Thread starter mazspeed@redshi
  • Start date
M

mazspeed@redshi

I need something that can find incoming e-mail better the the properties on Outlook and outlook express.. I want to trace the total path

Thanks in advance
Mike

I'm not sure if other programs offer more properties from an incoming email. I think Outlook gives you all the properties that are available. Others may give a nicer display.

Have you tried using the senders IP ((if available. sometimes his computer name and IP address are available from the properties)or his/her mailservers DNS or IP (if available) and use a program like window's "tracert.exe" or WinRoute ( http://www.winroute.com ) for a better display of the senders origin.

Kind regards,
Willem Moolenaar

Is that the mail server one? Yeah I did try all of that but can't find everything I need.. The mail is coming from my bb board on my website and I need to track down who is doing it/mailing me..

Thanks again mate
Mike

If its coming from the BB on your Website, then YOU are the one that's sending the mail. At least your BB is. Doesn't your BB have IP logging or something? That may be a better method of finding him.

Is he nagging you? ;)

Regards,
Willem Moolenaar

He's not bugging me, but it is kind of annoying.. It does have IP logging, but there are a lot of members and a lot of viewers that I cannot trace it down..

Cheers
Mike

There is a feature in Norton 2002 that can trace IP's right back to the source - I think it applies to e-mail.

Unfortuantely I'm not at home just now and won't be until the 5th Nov so I can't give you more details. I've used it before to hunt down admail sources. Basically it's an online feature that you get access to when you register the software.

Mubbers

I'll come back when I've gone back!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back