E-Mail Notification

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
The forum seems to be e-mailing notifies to me upon every reply
There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again

It used to only send one until i visited the thread, but im gettin lots of mail every time i check now....

yup, but im getting a mail for every single reply, before i've even visited again...

Random example if 3 people replied to this before i visit it again i'd get about 3 notify e-mails telling me theres been a new post

I do subscribe to threads but I thought that's the way it worked.

it always used to only send one reply until i visited the post, so there could be 5 replies, but i only receive one mail. Then once i visited, if there where more replies THEN it would send another mail.
It's not a huge problem, just something i noticed :)

Example, Word Association Thread...
email.jpg

Hmm, sorry speedy dunno. You'll have to wait for EP to answer

Ok
Just thought i'd mention it, as it can't be good for the server load/bandwidth throwing out e-mails every second

I don't use it so don't know how it works or how it is supposed to work, I will have to read up on it.

ta, just think its odd its only started doing it now

It could be down to the timeout on your online status or anything... or it could be down to teh slightly hightened server load that I think UKS are working on.

Well its no problem just thought it worth a mention, i'll let you know if it stops/changes at all.

On a random thread hi-jack note... How did you make your avatar :p , im guessing its from an avi/mpeg/wmv ?

I bought the DVD
PowerDVD frame capture
Cropped in photoshop
made in animation shop
optimised with gif studio

easy :p

well, there we have it, the EP guide to Über l33t Avatars :p :D

Back on Topic:
The E-Mails seem to have gone back to normal

Ok, i've attempted to make a new avatar via Virtual Dub and Anim Shop, but the result is bloated and it plays slow ...
2avatar2.gif

Any idea's ?

optimise it with ulead gif animator
perhaps make it shorter..

Tried optimising, it runs fast n smooth in uLead, then once saved it runs just like the one above, all slow.

I think i'll stick with my current avatar for now (dancing banana guy owns :p )

Thats the frame rate... try messing around with it.. say 7 or 15...
24 frames is how tv is displayed...but just mess around with what you think is right.

i was saying this the outher day on chat room but none of ya listened:(

not sure if it's fixed yet...will look @ me email l8er on..

Mine keeps goin on n off!
i think its because im idling on the site/forum more these days so the server thinks i've viewed the new posts as im "online"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back