• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

E-Mail Notification

SPeedY_B

I may actually be insane.
The forum seems to be e-mailing notifies to me upon every reply
There may be other replies also, but you will not receive any more notifications until you visit the board again
It used to only send one until i visited the thread, but im gettin lots of mail every time i check now....

SPeedY_B

yup, but im getting a mail for every single reply, before i've even visited again...

Random example if 3 people replied to this before i visit it again i'd get about 3 notify e-mails telling me theres been a new post

SPeedY_B

it always used to only send one reply until i visited the post, so there could be 5 replies, but i only receive one mail. Then once i visited, if there where more replies THEN it would send another mail.
It's not a huge problem, just something i noticed :)

Example, Word Association Thread...

SPeedY_B

Ok
Just thought i'd mention it, as it can't be good for the server load/bandwidth throwing out e-mails every second

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
It could be down to the timeout on your online status or anything... or it could be down to teh slightly hightened server load that I think UKS are working on.

SPeedY_B

Well its no problem just thought it worth a mention, i'll let you know if it stops/changes at all.

On a random thread hi-jack note... How did you make your avatar :p , im guessing its from an avi/mpeg/wmv ?

SPeedY_B

Ok, i've attempted to make a new avatar via Virtual Dub and Anim Shop, but the result is bloated and it plays slow ...

Any idea's ?

SPeedY_B

Tried optimising, it runs fast n smooth in uLead, then once saved it runs just like the one above, all slow.

I think i'll stick with my current avatar for now (dancing banana guy owns :p )

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User
Thats the frame rate... try messing around with it.. say 7 or 15...
24 frames is how tv is displayed...but just mess around with what you think is right.

Henyman

Secret Goat Fetish
Political User
i was saying this the outher day on chat room but none of ya listened:(

not sure if it's fixed yet...will look @ me email l8er on..

SPeedY_B

Mine keeps goin on n off!
i think its because im idling on the site/forum more these days so the server thinks i've viewed the new posts as im "online"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies