Dying Burner

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
First I had a problem with buffer underruns in easy cd creator. So I switched to Nero. Nero worked great for a while. Now it gets underruns too. The only way for me to burn a cd is to make an image and then burn that. That works fine but is a pain in the a**. Think my burner is dying? Its an LG 8120B. I have burned approx 1000 cd's with it.

Try closing as many apps as you can and leave it alone to burn. Not the way it is suppose to work but.....it might.

depends on how tired of it u r.

me I'd get me another burner, one with burn proof technology, never had one error with mine, burnt at least 300 cd's so far without any errors.

I ain't saying u ought to buy a plextor, there are other good ones too, but would not consider any cd burner without it.

I think I'm gonna go give my credit card a workout. I'm getting sick of taking 30 min to get a good burn. Any suggestion?
I was thinking a TDk 40x or maybe a Benq (Acer)

I'd love a plextor, just can't spend the $$$ on it

get the benq. i'm not going to give you any reasons, but i just want you to think good and hard and get back to me.

i would get an i/o magic. mine was super cheap (110 cdn) . It burns at 24x and ive never had a problem with it ~150 cds and counting. i would take the leftover money and buy a decent vid card. CYA

You definitly need to get a Lite On.. sounds like a cheap brand but look at all the reviews.. it reads everything, writes everything, is dependible, NEVER gets buffer underruns (has buffer underrun prevention), and is cheap.. i have the 32x12x40 and have it for a month and i love every moment of it.. i upgraded to this from a TDK 16x10x40.. I liked my TDK but it broke on me once and i had to get it replaced. But there is my 2 cents.. get the Lite On.. Cheap - Stable - Copies all - Awesome
- Mike

Ill agree with the liteon. Ive had mine for a few months and never had an error. its a great burner mines external and can copy at 32x on the fly with no problems

BenQuilter--

Gee I wonder why you would say to stick with the Benq?

I am still taking suggestions...

I think my scsi 4x is getting on a bit. Hell I paid a small fortune for it & I'm sticking with it till it dies.........grumble.......grumble
:mad:

My friend has a Lite on its burned everything he has thrown at it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back