DVR & Digital cable

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I'm taking the plunge today, Comcast is due any minute to hook me up with Digital Cable and a DVR :)

Congrats, I think I am going to get the DVR soon maybe, but I really don't watch TV.

dvr's are ace :D

i have one with a freeview reciever for here in the uk, record loads of stuff, or jusr pause live tv ;)

I've heard of them and heard people speak of them, however never seen one live. I'm really excited about it, as Digital cable is also a step up :)

Next is HD, but that will be far off :(

Cool.

I think if I ever got cable again I would go that route, or just record it onto the compy.

What Size tv you have?
I got digital cable on my 56 inch DLP
and i had to get HD, the quality is better with Digital Cable but i needed to get HD, the quality is amazing with HD!
-Jack

You'l enjoy it :)

HD rocks..

Right now, I don't have cable or dish - pulling OTA reception. I only wish I could record in HD but don't want to build my own PVR because at some point I'll probably finalyl give in and get cable/dish/direcTV/etc and would probably pull their version of the DVR.. and tiVo doesn't have an HD capable recorder yet (unless you go through DTV).

It's hooked up, really sweet :)

Just running on a 30" TV, no HD yet

I had DVR with dish network for a while now. I love it - It's a shame the cable companies charge twice as much for it as dish though. Oh well, with them losing so many customers to satellite I can see why they keep raising there prices ..

If we didn't have a DVR at home, I probably wouldn't get a chance to watch any TV shows since everything I watch airs during the week when I'm on campus. It's a huge boon. :D

Slingbox Nets, That way you can watch the stuff you want on your computer. Although, having a DVR spoils you, you will never go back to regualr tv after having one.

Dammit, I want one. I might actually watch more TV then, although that's probably not a good thing :p

See - I have stopped watching TV to a point since I started at ESPN. Working from 6p-3a is kind of a buzzkill, because I forget to tape stuff all the time. I can go weeks ahead of time, recored an entire series, life is good :cool:

It is indeed.

Worst part about it now is I hardly get to spend time with the woman I adore and love - but - we are working through it pretty good. I wake up early when she goes to work in the morning, we have breakfast together and sometimes I go back to bed. I schedule all my stuff (freelancing, appointments and such) around days when she works, so our days off I try to keep clear - which is 2 days a week.

It's not great, but we are BOTH putting in the effort, so that helps.

This is my dream, and a great opportunity. Have to pay my dues on that shift first, and it's the busiest since all the primetime TV airs at that time.

Try having a kid and have those hours, KC. It really puts a hurting on the relationship.

Two of the 3 people I work with at night have kids, they say they like it because their "other" works days - saves them a TON on child care costs since one of them is always there for the youngin's ;)

kcnychief said:
Two of the 3 people I work with at night have kids, they say they like it because their "other" works days - saves them a TON on child care costs since one of them is always there for the youngin's ;)
It does save a ton on child care, but, what it also does it make it where the one working can't see them that much. Take me for example; I work second shift. My daughter goes to school, when she is walking in the door I am leaving for work.

Happens alot, and when you get home she's already in bed.

I hope to be on first shift by the time kids pop out :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back