DVD Speed ?uestion

DFX

OSNN Senior Addict
Toshiba 2x/16x SD-M1102 DVD-ROM. I was wondering, would, lets say, getting a 16x/40x DVD-ROM and then a fast CD-RW be a good choice, or will 2x DVD do all I need? I only use DVD for film, not data.

I would recommend getting the fastest dvd playback speed you can...

I have a 16x dvd player... and it doubles as a 52x cd-rom... which helps when I am multitasking... burning cd's et al...

2x is slow.. unless it is a dvd-burner and BURNS @ 2x and reads @ 16x... in which case it is a decent deal :)

but yah... if not a burner... get as fast as a player as you can... no need to bottleneck yourself... :)

it is good for movie playback as well. to have a faster dvd player...

1x DVD is all you need for DVD video. It's the same with CD audio 1x. BUT in the future you'll find more and more data placed on DVD's and for data purposes the faster the DVD player the quicker you can get to your data. The standard stand alone DVD player is 2x the more expensive models are around 4x.
For around $100 dollars you can buy this: LG 4320B 32x10x40x CD-RW / Combo 16x DVD, EZ Creator Software & USB2.0 Cable for a Laptop upgrade or Portability.
http://www.aicmicro.com/productdetail.asp?id=11720

OR if this is for a PC: GCC-4480BB Internal EIDE/ATAPI 48X/24X/48X CD-Rewriteable/16x Drive With One Year Warranty for around $70 @ [url http://www.store.yahoo.com/maximpc/lgel48cdco.html[/url]

I'd check www.pricewatch.com for prices.
Although the firsts guys responce is the best a DVD reader and a seperate CD-R/RW drive costs more but it's tragic when you put all your eggs in one basket and it get's a hole! My preferance is get 2 drives.

Originally posted by DFX
Toshiba 2x/16x SD-M1102 DVD-ROM. I was wondering, would, lets say, getting a 16x/40x DVD-ROM and then a fast CD-RW be a good choice, or will 2x DVD do all I need? I only use DVD for film, not data.

if price is an issue buy a liteon you can get a 16x for about 40 bucks and it comes with power dvd good deal :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back