Dvd Shrink Help Im confused

Gowcra

iPod man!
Okay, Im quite familar with Dvdshrink AND dvd decryptor, but my question is this

What is a subpicture and what is ac3 2chan english

I have looked and done the guides but I dont know what to uncheck I DO have 5.1 surround sound.

Should I always uncheck subpictures AND ac3 2channel or not? Thanks OSNN MEMBERS!

I think AC3 2chan english is the stereo (2ch) audio for the movie, could be wrong tho'.

anyone else? I need to know cus I got some movies waitin 2 be burned for something

If you've got room for on the disk, I'd say burn it. Just a guess, but sub-picture might be secondary menu pics.

yeah room is no problem alo is was a 7.46gb disk it gets it down to around 4.00gb or maybe a little bigger but room isnt a problem (at least i hope not)

Sometimes the 2-channel audio is director's commentary too. Either way, most DVD players that are not outputting 5.1 sound will downmix a 5.1 track to stereo.

So can someone please explain what i should and should not remove thanks.

Please anyone. I'm desperate here! I'm asking for a full but easy to understand detailed report Thanks!

Well there isnt a big deal about removing it. Why do u need to worry about it so much if space isnt an issue? I use dvd shrink and my dvds play fine when selected.

ac3 is just a compression standard, similar to mp3, except that it can handle multiple channels.

What is a subpicture and what is ac3 2chan english?

Subpicture means subtitles, aka all the audio converted to text on the bottom of the screen for the hearing impaired.

AC3 2chan english... means 2 channel stereo audio, i always just pic either 5.1 digital or dts. english of course.

When i am using dvd shrink i just uncheck everything except the best audio and the movie itself. dont need anything else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back