DVD+/-RW Advice

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all

Which Dual Layer DVD drive would you buy?

Open to all makes except NEC as mine just died and was compleatly unimpressed by it :)

Cheers

Plextor PX-716A works well for me. I've created DVD + and - just fine. Fast too.

Sony 720 has been flawless for me. Sony has since come out with 800 series.

Hipster Doofus said:
what he said.

Only problem i'm having now with one of my lite-on drives is that it seems to have a somewhat flaky time of detecting some DVD's.... usually fixed by ejecting and putting it in again (granted the drive is also like.... 2-3 year old? it's a 4x).

on a side note: wonder why SATA Optical drives haven't taken off...... Only ever that one from Plextor that costs half an arm and leg.

indyjones said:
Hi all

Which Dual Layer DVD drive would you buy?

Open to all makes except NEC as mine just died and was compleatly unimpressed by it :)

Cheers
you are just unlucky, ive had my nec for over two years, and made lots of burns with it no problems and it still works fine, even after i updated it to dual layer when it wasnt

Nec makes the best dvd writers in my opinion

heard of lots of problems with lg, but i havent been too keen on the dvd writer seen in a while so i forgot what they were, the thing that i like about them though, is that they write too all types of blank dvd media

Can't say much about the dual layers, maybe Lord can comment further, but I've had no ploblem with my LG (also have a LG CDRW in my rig and one in my sister and parent's comp).

cheeres will look into it thanks all well let you know when its sorted :)

has anybody got a BenQ drive heard alot of good things on the BenQ 1655

Check the reviews on cdfreaks. They have all the latest info.

tried cdfreaks but they dont list the BEnQ 1655, they do rave about other mocels though.... Was looking to get a plextor but the newer modles dont seem to support overburning :(

I just got two of these when Newegg had a sale a week ago.

LITE-ON Black 16X DVD±RW DVD Burner SHM-165P6S

Fast, fast, FAST and unbelievably quiet. Standing next to the PC you can't even tell there is one in there.

BenQ used to be called Acer and I have owned many Acer drives. I found them to be the most reliable of any drives I have owned. I have not owned a BenQ yet but I assume the same quality goes into the product as when the company was named Acer.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back