DVD Rom only playing CD not DVD

A

Alpha1968

I have a minor problem with my Pioneer DVD 106S.
When I put in a DVD it gets kicked out after 5 seconds. It is working normally with regular CDs. I have no idea what is causing this problem. DVD drive is installed with the correct name and everything. I tried to uninstall it and after rebooting installing it again. I checked Aspi layer and it shows I have correct one. I also changed DMA mode and PIO mode and vice versa.

Does anybody have an idea how I can fix this problem?

I am running Windows XP with ServicePack1

Pentium(R) 4 Prozessor 2,20 GHz System Bus 400 MHz 512 KB L2-Cache
Gigabyte P4 Titan Motherboard GA-8ITXR
4 x 256 MB PC800 RDRAM
ASUS V8460UltraDT GeForce4 Ti4600 128 MB DDR TV-Out
StudioPCTV Pro TV-Karte
Vision Master Pro 511 22" Monitor
Pioneer DVD-106S
Plextor CD-R PX-W2410A
Western Digital 45 GB Festplatte (WDC WD45)
Western Digital 80 GB Festplatte (WDC WD80)
Samsung 80 GB Festplatte
Iomega ATAPI ZIP 250 Laufwerk (intern)

Not much of an expert on these matters m8, so excuse me if i'm teaching you how to suck eggs, but have you tried a different region coded disc?
I know that can cause problems if your drive is region locked, but i'm not sure if that'll force the drive to kick the disc or whether software players will just refuse to play it:huh:

I tried different region codes but it still does not work. As soon as I put in a DVD it is coming out again. Pioneer DVD 106S is working fine with CDs... but no DVD...

I know it is working normally... I had it working for over a year. Don't know what is causing this problem...

I just went through this with my kids PC.
It is your video cards drivers.
I had to install old ones, now all is good.
It has to do with Macrovision and tv out cards.

Try here: http://www.guru3d.com/files/detonator/

I think I used the 3191's
I did not try any others - as soon as I found one that worked -
I stuck with it.

One other thing that sprang to mind, is DVD ripping:
This is in the experience of a friend of mine was the quickest way to digital suicide for the drive. Apparently they don't like being hammered flat out for several hours... :rolleyes:

You'll have to resist the DVD->AVI to avoid damaging your drive.

If your a good boy, and don't partake in such affairs, then I really have no ideas for you m8.....other than I heard somewhere that the drives use a different laser/and or alignment for DVD reading than they do for CD reading. Someone else who's a bit more clued up could hopefully step in here and help out on this one, cos as i said, It's a vague recollection :huh:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back