dvd-r ?

bluzeboy

Bluzeboy
i'm going to get a dvd-r ,will I need special blanks to burn music files?
thanks

If you're trying to burn a music CD, you'll need the standard CD-R media. If you want to just make a data back up, any DVD-/+R will do.

Just a note, DVD-R discs are the most compatible with home dvd players if you plan to put video on your DVDs to watch on TV.

I disagree, muzikool. If you're burner supports bit setting (most modern ones do) + R is just as compatible. This is just a myth that's been perpetuated.

I find my player likes +R better than it gets on with -R but that could be down to burner irregularities at higher speeds.

I disagree, muzikool. If you're burner supports bit setting (most modern ones do) + R is just as compatible. This is just a myth that's been perpetuated.

True, but my DVD player is 6 years old and won't support +R. I'm just used to doing projects on -R discs in case the people have an older DVD player.

You will find that certian persoanl dvd players will support only dvd-r or dvd+r. The higher end ones will support both. Before you buy one it is a good idea to see which it will work with...

Best bet is to just check the documentation for your DVD player - it should say what formats it will support. Not a myth at all IMO, but most of the recent players will do both. I have two and one does DVD-R and one does neither (time to upgrade that one) :)

BTW, you can burn regular music cd's with a DVD blank. Just allows you to put more tracks into it. The catch is, you'll have to play the music on a dvd player. Ulead's movie factory has a setting for dvd music cd's.

That's not burning a music cd, it's burning a video dvd that just happens to contain PCM audio data.

Yes, you're right. I was just suggesting that Bluzeboy can also use a DVD blank. The advantage is that you can hold up to 99 songs and play it back on the DVD burner or a regular DVD player (which I assume most people have). I have my dvd player hooked up to my stereo so I do burn some music DVD mixes so I don't have to change the CD for hours.

here's from the help file on ULead Movie Factory 6:

DVD-Audio
Records audio in LPCM stereo (44.1 kHz, 16-bit stereo) on DVD. A DVD disc can contain up to 99 tracks or songs. Audio are saved as .aob files in the AUDIO_TS folder on the DVD.
DVDs burned in this format can be played in DVD-Audio capable players. When you play the DVD, use the player's controls or its remote control to select and playback tracks.
Music DVD-Video (Audio-only DVD-Video)
Records audio in DVD-Video format. A DVD burned in this format is the same as a regular DVD movie disc which can be played on your computer, home or car DVD player, except that the DVD does not contain video content.
Audio can be recorded in MPEG audio, LPCM audio, or Dolby Digital audio (at 48 kHz 16- bit stereo). MPEG audio is a compact high-quality format which is highly recommended for EU DVD players in areas using the PAL TV system.
LPCM provides uncompressed audio quality but with a larger file size, while Dolby Digital offers a lossy audio compression format with a smaller file size. A DVD disc, or each side of a dual-sided DVD, is divided into a maximum of 99 titles, and each title may contain up to 99 tracks or songs. Audio are saved as .vob files in the VIDEO_TS folder on the DVD. When you play the DVD, a playlist selection menu with a still background image will be displayed on-screen where you can select tracks to play.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back