DVD problems, need advice

• Thread starter pHANTOMpHREAK
  • Start date
P

pHANTOMpHREAK

OK after i had the problems with power dvd 3.0 i went and bought PowerDVD XP 4.0. Thinking that all my troubles were over i uninstalled 3.0 and installed 4.0, WAM i get a "An unexpected DVD-ROM error has occurred." im completely confused, hopeing to return to the forum of my alst to read the instructiosn on how to fix it, the forums r updated! so can you please help me out here! im totally not enjoying this!

sorry for replacement...

Sorry for the replacement thing... as soon as the current problems are fixed i believe that the old forums will be put int the "HALL OF FAME" :)

any exact error msg or just "An unexpected DVD-ROM error has occurred" ? (normally comes with a number)

Does it happen with all DVDs ?

MdSalih

it gives me a certain error

DVD ERROR

ERROR CODE: 80A50000

An unexpected DVD-ROM error has occurred.

thats what i get, it happens ona ll my dvd's!!

once i click DETAILED i get this

An unexpected DVD-ROM error has occurred due to a possibility of incompatibility problems with PowerDVD.

Please refer to the Readme file for the list of recently tested DVD-ROMs. If your DVD-ROM is not on the list, please contact powerdvd@gocyberlink.com for further assistance.

but its PowerDVD XP 4.0! so im not seeing this "incompatibility" thingy! well give me advice please

error code

Checking out that error code...
Is your DVD-ROM installed properly?

MdSalih

yeah its installed properly! before i installed 4.0 i was playing it in 3.0 (but it had problems) and i was playing it in media player, but i dont like dvd support in media player. so im 100% sure its installed properly, could the problem lay in my registry?

:confused: run the install the dvd pack from the downloads section. That gave me perfectly useable dvd playback from media player. It might also allow pdvd4 to run for you...

since media player already supports dvd i highly doubt the service pack will help, besides if read and had BIG TROUBLE when u install software thats already in xp (like when i first got xp i installed winzip.. lol that was a fun adventure) besides i dont c how that would effect powerDVD XP 4.0, before the forums were upgraded there was a post (i made a post aobut my dvd problems before) aobut messing wiht my registry and reinstalling powerdvd but since i dont ahve that im SCREWED, so coudl the guy that psoted that info please re psot it! or anyone that has ANY idea why this wont work help me out! i seriously wanna finish watching fight club

WMP DVD pack

get the media pack from the downloads section of this site... might be same thing Kartajan is reffereing to..

MdSalih

Ok, I have come to set the record straight, but fear not, I am a nice person.

Basically both the full versions of PowerDVD 3 and 4 comes with *.ax directshow filters, these are automatically registered to enable you to play DVD content via Media Player. If you have more than one DVD player installed, the directshow filters may conflict and only the fittest will survive.
(See Darwins Theory Of Evolution)

Anyway, my best suggestion is to remove all traces of PowerDVD, uninstall, delete the directories, and remove Cyberlink from CURRENT_USER and MACHINE in the registry.

Try playing a DVD in media player, if it works, or tries to worl... you still have filters installed and need to find out what they are and remove them. If you get a message saying no valid codecs available you have no DVD filters installed and you can skip the next bit.

(((SKIP, HOP & JUMP START)))
To see what DVD filters you have installed, I recommed that you go to http://www.inmatrix.com and download ZoomPlayer, attempt to play a DVD and when it starts right click on the screen and select filter properties, this will let you know whats up.
(((END SKIP HOP & JUMP)))

Now reinstall PowerDVD 4, hopefully it will work.

ok, just gonna switch quickly to another one of my multiple personalities, the suggestions guy.

DVD ERROR
ERROR CODE: 80A50000
I think this error may be caused by lack of ASPI layer, I noticed that PowerDVD 3 comes with an ASPI layer, yet PowerDVD 4 does not, however you can download one from the downloads section.

Try updating all your graphic card drivers, this can make a big difference due to the overlay which sometimes like to play up.

ok I'm done, flame me.

hmmm no such error ?? weird

hmmm there is no error registered as "80A50000" I've searched all over... can't find a thing on the error code :(

MdSalih

gahhhhhhhh im gonna go nuts

iv done everything now, iv uninstalled powerdvd, deleted reg (checked windows media player to make sure there is no filters) re instllaed powerdvd xp 4.0, I STILL GET THE PROBLEM!!

i dled the aspi (or whatever it is) and installed that (i already had it)

NOTHING

what really bugs me is that in windows media player at 6:49 into Fight Club it ALWAYS stops playing!!! i dont think the dvd is scratched but then again i cant testmy theory with only one dvd prog

so im gonna get winDVD and try that!! BUT STILL, IM TOTALLY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS! I WANT TO MAKE POWERDVD WORK!! BUT IT WONT AND IM MAD!

OK I NEED A REPLY TO THIS~!!

ok i got WinDVD 3.0 and it works fine! so im set for the whole "playign dvd" issue

but with both WinDVD and WindowsMediaPlayer it stops playing Fight Club at the same point. Now this leads me to guess that the DVD is scratched, but i just bought it too so im kinda pissed off. but sence iv never bought a DVD before i have no damn clue what to expect.

so guys is this a regular thing wiht DVD;s? for them to stop like 6 minutes into the movie?

i need an answer to this

Try renting another DVD, or borrowing one from a mate... not sure how the layers work on the Fight Club DVD, but it is possible that this point in time is the layer switch...

Gold coloured DVDs contain 2 layers one I think can store the same amount as a CD (not sure will check) then there is another layer, some DVDs have a problem switching layers, however this may have been fixed, I suggest that you check your drive on the firmwares page, a link to which is available here: http://news.inmatrix.com/dvdguide/dvdguide.shtml

Let me know how you get on...

WinDVD is another fine player, and I have a contact who states that a new WinDVD version is on the way, but I am not allowed to give you anymore details than that, so rah!

Ravisents Cineplayer4 is a very nice player too, but I have not seen a trial version about.

http://www.orionstudios.com also has a trial version of there DVD player, the name escapes me, but it looks quite nice, but I am happy with my DVD setup at the moment, and don't want to accidentally mess it up by installing another player ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back