• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

dvd playing problems

$

$triker

I'm using a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R6012 in my new computer (satellite 5200), it's been working fine so far, but yesterday I put in a DVD and the built in player (interactual) crashed once the movie started.... i used 3 different dvd players and the same happened. I tried another DVD and the same happened. I then put in a .avi movie on cd (divx) and again all the players crashed (including WMP). Now the weird thing is, if I play a movie that's storred on my hard-drive, it plays like a charm. I know this is a very vague question, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Striker

Sazar

F@H - Is it in you?
Staff member
Political User
Originally posted by $triker
I'm using a Toshiba DVD-Rom SD-R6012 in my new computer (satellite 5200), it's been working fine so far, but yesterday I put in a DVD and the built in player (interactual) crashed once the movie started.... i used 3 different dvd players and the same happened. I tried another DVD and the same happened. I then put in a .avi movie on cd (divx) and again all the players crashed (including WMP). Now the weird thing is, if I play a movie that's storred on my hard-drive, it plays like a charm. I know this is a very vague question, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Striker
does the drive read regualar data cd's without a glitch ?

$

$triker

bizare, I had already uninstalled and re-installed then put the dvd back in and it didn't work... i un/re-installed again but started with other disks. Everything worked... data games music video... might have been something wrong with that dvd (i think it was pearl harbour disk2).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timpage