DVD playing Problem

P

pj56

Hi.

I have a problem with playing DVD on my computer.

If i start playing a DVD, the picture freezes after app. 4-5 min, but I can hear the sound of the movie playing on. I´v tried it with mediaplayer or PCFreindly player.

I have to shut the player down and start all over again. I can choose another chapter but after 4-6 min the picture freezes again but the sound goes on.

I´v tried several different movies but the problem is the same.

I have XP professional on:

AMD 2000+
256 SD RAM
60 GB Hard
Nvidia 64ram with TV/out
LG DVD

Plaes help.

Thanks.
(Sorry for my bad english)

Soeren

DVD probs

Ok first off make sure that u have a 3rd party softwear or hardwear player installed i.e. powerDVD or hollywood+ card.

next makesure that the versions u are using are not time limited demo's.

if that fails uninstall the DVD app/s making sure to clear out any registry keys and/or folders and files left over from uninstall if u can, Then install the app again.

Check the read ahead settings and set them as low as possible for the offending drive.

Try a lense cleaning disk on the drive run it a couple of times and try again.

other than this it is either a faulty drive (hope its under waranty) or the drive cable is damaged.

hope this helps u out. It may also be worth noting to try reinstalling windows (u should do this once every couple of months to keep everything fresh any way)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back