dvd player

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
i have an apex 3disc dvd player. i saw reviews about it and saw that people said it didn't work too well after 1.5 years. i've had it about a year so maybe i should try to sell it before it gets crummy? what do you think? i don't really like it b/c the remote is ****ty and stuff. If you think i should sell it what dvd player should i get? i preferably want a quality brand that can be modded :) like sony or panasonic ones?

Well if you in it for the "modding" aspect I'd personally stay away from name brands and get a Mintek. You can make most Mintek's region free. they play VCD,SVCD out of the box, their jpg playback is the BEST i've ever seen.

My mintek 1600 has better quality then most expensive players. Plus it's tons cheaper :)

Aside from region free questions, feel free to ask me about DVD players in general. I'm a long time Tweeter (semi high end home theater store) employee and a fairly huge home theater enthusiast myself.

I may have some worthy advice to share.

Originally posted by Herkalees
Aside from region free questions, feel free to ask me about DVD players in general. I'm a long time Tweeter (semi high end home theater store) employee and a fairly huge home theater enthusiast myself.

I may have some worthy advice to share.

k answer my question above! thanks.

Oh sure, now you tell me. I knew nothing about them and got a DVD/VHS combo lastnight + T2 ultimate edition. First buy of my entertainment system. Could be decades before I get the next component hehe.

Originally posted by almostfamous88
k answer my question above! thanks.

Ah, ok. Don't sell it to a friend.

If you want a simple "decent" player, grab the Sony DVPNS715P. If you want player to be proud of, just about anything by Denon, Pioneer Elite, (high end) Phillips etc will have the Faroudja chip in it which is quite impressive.

Always remember, you get what you pay for. I've got a $1200 DVD player (Sony DVPNS9000B) and I still don't "love" it...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back