DVD Player Software

Friend of Bill

What, me worry?
Which is the better of the two DVD player Softwares?

WinDVD Platinum or PowerDVD 4.0. I want to add a DVD Player to my system and don't know which piece of software is the "better" of the two (in terms of stability and video/sound quality).

Any comments/alternatives are apprecitated.

I've always use PowerDVD and never had a prob with it. So I guess I would recommend it :)

I use WinDVD, only because it came bundled with my laptop. But still a nice app.

I use them both on my XP and PDVD only on Win 98.
On the XP I tend to always use PDVD reason being I've been using it since I had a PC... Try the demo's and take it from there.:)

Or you can use the Windows Media Player. Its got DVD playback support built in. I mainly use PowerDVD( that came with my DVD drive) and InterActual Player that came with some DVD movies (Spiderman).

I use POWERDVD XP, and won't use nothing else to load up my movies.

Thanks all for the input. I'll try WMP and see how it works. If it doesn't perform I'll try PowerDVD since it seems to be the majority: :)

yep i would say go for powerdvd. But i never really used windvd

I'll take PowerDVD over WinDVD any day. Used them both and just found PowerDVD to be more reliable.

I use NVDVD. Only thing I hate about it, is there is no disable screensaver option.

CyberLink PowerDVD XP Deluxe v4.0 ...been using cyberlink for quite a few years now and really like it

I would actually rate each player very similarly as they are ... well pretty similar. The deluxe version of PowerDVD does have more sound options tho, and the directshow filters also feature these options...

Also both players can use the filters in Zoom Player ;) - which is the best ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back