DVD Integrity Check?

kcnychief

??? ??? ?
Political Access
I have about 450+ DVD's that are archives (copies of movies I legitatmely own, of course :p) that I want to check the quality. When I started doing this probably about 2 years ago, I was a fool and played on my laptop the whole time while they were copying. Some, but not all, have spots where they skip alot and some won't even play past the point where it freezes.

I am guessing it was because I was doing too much with the computer, and the CPU just didn't have enough muscle to do the job properly. But, I don't really care what it was, it might have been I was using a not so nice program back then either.

Basically what I am looking for is an application that can check each movie for me. Say if i load it into my DVD-ROM on my PC, and it can do a "quick-scan" or something else, to make sure it plays from start to finish. I don't care if it skips, as long as it's not alot and for too long, but I want to ensure they all will go from start to finish. Is there a program that can play the movie at HYPER speed, or something that's not too time consuming, so I don't have to insert 450+ movies in my DVD Player to see if they work?

Sure, upload them so I can watch and I will tell you what ones work.

Simple plan is NOT to play on your pc while copying movies. As far as checking the integrity of them, you have to watch them to see.

Send me the Hard Drive, I'll slave it and let you know which ones are lacking integrity:laugh:

You don't have those kinds of movies on your HD do ya?

this is nothing compared to all the productive posts so far ;), but

install nero, use the "nero cd-dvd speed" tool to do a scandisk. it'll check for errors, (will look similar to old dos scandisk). quick and reliable :)

I am guessing it was because I was doing too much with the computer, and the CPU just didn't have enough muscle to do the job properly
the most likely cause is bad/incompatible media, burning at too high a speed (especially with older writers) and outdated firmware. cpu should only really be an issue if you're using something with little horsepower. most burning applicatiosn are automatically set to high priority anyway :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back