DVD Hardware and DMA

N

nick1gbr

I have a DVD drive for my computer, i have a cinemaster dvd hardware card, which i would like to use (just because i have got it) everytime i install it i cannot get any sound.
My cinemaster drivers (for xp) say the tab for the DMA mode for the dvd drive needs to be ticked but i cannot find it.

i want to use the card and drive in my second machine with a built in video card that cannot cope with the dvd without the hardware card.

I had this problem when running windows 2000 pro and never found a cure.

Please Help

What are the exact model numbers of your card and dvdrom? Did these come as a bundle, or purchased separately?

Both the drive and card are from a Dell computer... A friend gave them to me.

The card is a Cinemaster c.3.0 rev 1.3

the drive is a Toshiba SD-M1212

I had this problem under Win ME but it rectified itself when i put a tick in the dma box for the dvd drive.

Windows autodetects the cinemaster card and puts WDM drivers in for it.

Nick

what you need to do is goto your device manager..open up the panel for ide controllers, choose primary or secondary depending on which your DVD drive is on.

and then goto the advanced options tab and make sure that the options are set to (use DMA if available mode) that way if the drive supports DMA winXP will automatically enable it..hope that helps :)

Thank you, seems to work ok...

Sems that was the problem with my cdrw too :D

Cheers

Nick

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back