DVD Hardware and DMA

N

nick1gbr

I have a DVD drive for my computer, i have a cinemaster dvd hardware card, which i would like to use (just because i have got it) everytime i install it i cannot get any sound.
My cinemaster drivers (for xp) say the tab for the DMA mode for the dvd drive needs to be ticked but i cannot find it.

i want to use the card and drive in my second machine with a built in video card that cannot cope with the dvd without the hardware card.

I had this problem when running windows 2000 pro and never found a cure.

Please Help

N

nick1gbr

Both the drive and card are from a Dell computer... A friend gave them to me.

The card is a Cinemaster c.3.0 rev 1.3

the drive is a Toshiba SD-M1212

I had this problem under Win ME but it rectified itself when i put a tick in the dma box for the dvd drive.

Windows autodetects the cinemaster card and puts WDM drivers in for it.

Nick

Qumahlin

OSNN Veteran Addict
what you need to do is goto your device manager..open up the panel for ide controllers, choose primary or secondary depending on which your DVD drive is on.

and then goto the advanced options tab and make sure that the options are set to (use DMA if available mode) that way if the drive supports DMA winXP will automatically enable it..hope that helps :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooldown498