dvd decrypting on linux?

Dark Atheist

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
is it possible, and if so which tool do you use? can it decrypt some of the latest discs? or should i try anydvd/dvd-decrypter under wine ?

edit - yes i am aware mplayer/mencoder/libdvdcss can do it, but im not sure if they hand the latest encryptions

Last edited:
seems its all related to dvd shrink though? i just want to rip the disc not convert it

hmm im going to buy windows and anydvd just to rip a few dvds - bit expensive don't you think :D might just do them on the windows pc and xfer then over gb network :) will have to do that in between renders :p

i havent touched k3b since it started being a tit when burning discs, like i have said i dont want to compress them to copy them to the drive

DeCSS has stayed the same, even on the later disks to watch DVD's. If you want to rip DVD's you can use any of the above forementioned tools, personally I use Handbrake to turn them into a standard format like mpeg4 or matroska.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back