DVD Decrypter or Nero issue

BouncingSoul

Stranger Than Fiction
Political Access
Hey all,

I've made a couple of copies of this concert video for my friends. It's worked everytime with DVD Decrypter, using the select Main Movie & IFO's option, ripping and burning. Tonight I go to do it again, the rip works but Nero tells me that I'm missing some files and the the DVD may not play. Well it plays but it doesn't have a menu and that might be a problem for some players. I know DVD Decrypter isn't being updated anymore so that can't be a problem but I did get the latest Nero 7. Could that be it? I can't imagine that being the problem but its the only thing I can think of. I mean same disk, same ripper but updated burning prog. Any ideas?

When you use it to rip and use nero to burn it is best to make them as files. or an image. The thing with decryptor is that you don't need to use nero. You can use it to make the image and use to burn the image.

When you burnt them did you select burn movie files and put the files in the videots folder ?? And, I ditched Nero7. Six IMO is much better ..

Johnny said:
When you use it to rip and use nero to burn it is best to make them as files. or an image. The thing with decryptor is that you don't need to use nero. You can use it to make the image and use to burn the image.

When you burnt them did you select burn movie files and put the files in the videots folder ?? And, I ditched Nero7. Six IMO is much better ..
well said, just use the image mode, best bet and you can burn it with dvd decrypter anyways, why use nero, its became a memory hog since version 6 i only use it to burn music, any image burning etc i use alcohol

I'm gonna give these to him and see if he complains, if so I'll do it again. The more I think about it the more I believe its Nero being Nero. 7 hasn't really been good to me, these skips it records on my cdr's is driving me crazy. I was never a big fan of Alcohol but I might have to try it out again. Thanks for all the help, reps around!

Alcohol is very good Mafia. I like imgburn myself, it works better. Alcohol is good to use for making images or 1:1 copies. The virtual drive in it is second to none also ..

Guess Im not the only one who gets the skipping in audio cds. I thought it was the crappy Staples media.

I agree Nero 6 is better, I'm not going to 7 again.

The Image Drive in Alcohol is awesome, I especially like the Mount Image menu it adds to the right click context menu for CD image files.

Daemon Tools is integrated into Alcohol, it just doesn’t have all the features the stand alone has. I can, however, see why you would like the stand alone better, Mafia ..

oh really? is it really daemon tools in alcohol? i never knew that, i like daemon tools because its not a hog and is so tiny

American Zombie said:
Off topic but I read that Alcohol and Daemon Tools use rootkits similar to what Sony was using but I have no idea if it is true.

http://www.sysinternals.com/blog/2006/02/using-rootkits-to-defeat-digital.html

From reading that article; I gather that they are using it to hide the program from others to help it with the playing of copy protected games and movies, as well as drm protections. Sony was using rootkits to put a virus on your pc. Alcohol and Damon tools will not do that.

yes mafia, it is true, Daemon tools is integrated into alcohol ..:)

From Daemon website>>

LocutusofBorg wrote:

"This is (nearly) an exact copy of what I posted also
on Sysinternals.
It seems to me that there are people out there that
doesn't know the difference between "bad" behaviour
of software and a TECHNOLOGY in general.

Soon, Microsoft will use similar technologies to hotpatch
the system - I'm curious if Mark will bash them for their
technology? No, he would NOT. He is simple a big fan
of DRM - therefore we are not on his "friends" list.

The "Rootkit" from DaemonTools does NOT harm the users
machine, nor is it possible to hide malicious code.
Apart from that, the whole rootkit-discussion is so biased
that it virtually makes me feel sick to read how "experts"
warn of a big big wave of "dangerous applications"....

HELLO!!!! Someone out there? Trojan-developers will care
a **** about ethics and they will use this technology for
totally other reasons. But they will also use many other
technologies, f.e. the file-system, jpeg-compression (to
transfer screenshots f.e.).... OK, lets just forbid every
jpeg-compression, or even better every compression in general.... afaik, warez are often zipped!!!

Even F-Secure mentioned that there are also "good" applications
out there. If you think that DT is such a good tool, fine.
If you believe that we are a bad application:

We make no secret that we hook some functions (like f.e.
most copyprotections seems to do so, too)

We do not force you to install our software nor are we
interested in your personal data.

If someone thinks our technology-design is bad, well, go on..
deinstall it!"

Link.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back