DVD Decrypter is no more :(

dreamliner77

The Analog Kid
Read here

last I checked, doom9 was still hosting the latest installer. I'd suggest grabbing it.

Used to talk to Light UK all the time on efnet :eek:
Was gonna get it hosted on osnn for a while but forgot.

Thanks for the heads up.

I recieved a threatening letter not long ago. I was trying to sell a console with a chip in it. Chips were legal here. Now the law has changed & you can't mention that word.

Anyway I decided to never again buy anything made buy a company that sends out threatening mail, especially when the console was around 5 years old.

Still sold it. Never mentioned that word though.

Last edited:
Hipster Doofus said:
Anyway I decided to never again buy anything made buy a company that sends out threatening mail, especially when the console way around 5 years old.
Well depending on the console it may be the same company. ;) Did it start with a "S"?

Electronic Punk said:
Used to talk to Light UK all the time on efnet :eek:
Was gonna get it hosted on osnn for a while but forgot.

Thanks for forgetting. :p

Xie said:
Well depending on the console it may be the same company. ;) Did it start with a "S"?

I have read a posting where it was suggested that SONY is behind the threats geared towards DVDDecrypter.

enuffsaid said:
I have read a posting where it was suggested that SONY is behind the threats geared towards DVDDecrypter.
Bingo. ;) I was being discreet. :p

enuffsaid said:
Sorry, thought you mentioned Sony with regard to the game console. :laugh:
I was .. Hipster Doofus mentioned that a game console maker had sent him a similiar letter for modding his console then trying to sell it. ;)

Well, my posting was with regard to DVDDecrypter. Nothing to do with the PS. ;)

Next time I'll say:

I have read a posting where it was suggested that S is behind the threats geared towards DVDDecrypter.

Better? ;)

Hipster Doofus said:
Thanks for the heads up.

I recieved a threatening letter not long ago. I was trying to sell a console with a chip in it. Chips were legal here. Now the law has changed & you can't mention that word.

Anyway I decided to never again buy anything made buy a company that sends out threatening mail, especially when the console was around 5 years old.

Still sold it. Never mentioned that word though.

Even if you do MOD it you can get around them saying you cant say THAT word, by simply saying: "not in factory condition" or "modfied from original configuration"

Hehe they cant stop you...

:)

Sony should also go after Ahead, Roxio, Clonedvd, Nti, and Sonic then ..

LordOfLA said:
I know for a fact it wasnt Sony that shut DVD Decypter down. ;)
Oh? He posted on /. but didn't come out and say what company it was. The title and most everyone in the comments was throwing Sony around though.

The wonders of the internet, rumours become virtual fact within mere hours. :)

Whatever happened to good old clean hard cold facts? :D :p

All I'll say is that coreix hosted his server, as a result I know it wasnt sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back