DVD copy

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Went to a concert the other week, and bought a double DVD set. Decided to make a back-up, but after I inserted the original into my dual layer burner, it asked for a dual layer disc - which I did not have any.

After purchasing a pack on Friday, I again tried to copy the disk, but it will now not complete a burn (no matter how many times I try) Would I be right in assuming that the disc will only somehow allow you to make one back-up copy, then prevent further attempts because of Piracy?

Any way round this?

ok what program are u using? best to use is dvd decrpyter and dvd shrink. what dvd burner do u have? also its always best to update ur firmware

tibboh said:
After purchasing a pack on Friday, I again tried to copy the disk, but it will now not complete a burn (no matter how many times I try) Would I be right in assuming that the disc will only somehow allow you to make one back-up copy, then prevent further attempts because of Piracy?
Yes this i would guess is to stop copying.
tibboh said:
Any way round this?
Legally, probably not.

yeah dvd decypter is nice...and not only cos its hosted at coreix :p

Yup, had to resort to DVD shrink and it worked a treat. Thanks for all the advice. Still think it sucks that u cant back up a legitimate copy for personel use without having to use shrink.

DVD Shrink or Decryter should allow you to remove the extras and make extra compression so that you can fit whatever you are backing up on to one single layer dvd.

I'm still waiting to get a multiformat DVD writer before I can burn my backup. Upgraded the firmware of my philips drive but it's having a hard time trying to recognise DVD-R/RW discs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back