DVD copy

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Went to a concert the other week, and bought a double DVD set. Decided to make a back-up, but after I inserted the original into my dual layer burner, it asked for a dual layer disc - which I did not have any.

After purchasing a pack on Friday, I again tried to copy the disk, but it will now not complete a burn (no matter how many times I try) Would I be right in assuming that the disc will only somehow allow you to make one back-up copy, then prevent further attempts because of Piracy?

Any way round this?

Kush

High On Life!
ok what program are u using? best to use is dvd decrpyter and dvd shrink. what dvd burner do u have? also its always best to update ur firmware

rushm001

In the beginning......
Political User
tibboh said:
After purchasing a pack on Friday, I again tried to copy the disk, but it will now not complete a burn (no matter how many times I try) Would I be right in assuming that the disc will only somehow allow you to make one back-up copy, then prevent further attempts because of Piracy?
Yes this i would guess is to stop copying.
tibboh said:
Any way round this?
Legally, probably not.

tibboh

Arte et Marte
Yup, had to resort to DVD shrink and it worked a treat. Thanks for all the advice. Still think it sucks that u cant back up a legitimate copy for personel use without having to use shrink.

ming

OSNN Advanced
DVD Shrink or Decryter should allow you to remove the extras and make extra compression so that you can fit whatever you are backing up on to one single layer dvd.

I'm still waiting to get a multiformat DVD writer before I can burn my backup. Upgraded the firmware of my philips drive but it's having a hard time trying to recognise DVD-R/RW discs.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut