DVD Copier

ElementalDragon

The One and Only
Ok... kinda wondering what's a good program to copy DVD movies? Getting tired of DVDxCopy not copying these. and before anyone says it, i'm not using it for what you think i'm using it for. We recently bought a couple new movies.... and my dad is a truck driver. Want to copy them so he can take them on the road with him, and we won't have to worry about them getting scratched to hell and there goes a good DVD. And if you know of one.... is it able to copy the entire DVD using compression so you still get the menu's and stuff?

id be intrested in this as well. I have a bunch of videos from a old camera in avi formate any ideas a good prog to take avi to dvd the quickest.

well.... wasn't really talking AVI to DVD...... but i guess it might be usable for that too, though i think i'd rather use NeroVision for what you're talking about.

DVD Shrink is pretty sweet and easy to use

does it handle copy protection well though? think that's the main problem i'm having with DVDxCopy. usually it says "error reading from sector xxx" or something like that at different parts depending on which movie it is.

www.doom9.org

You can use dvddecrypter and rip it and then it removes all the copy protection. Then I think the 1click programs can do it.

Well, for CSS encryption, you will need a stand alone proggy that can be used in conjuction with DVDShrink/Nero. Gojing through the DVDShrink forums, I noticed that two proggies are mentioned: AnyDVD and DVD43. Maybe do a google search and see what that nets you. I was reading that one of these proggies has to be running in the background for DVDShrink to work it's backup magic.

Heeter

I use DVD Decrypter to rip the file and then dvd shrink to encode to 4.7 DVDR. if the dvd is older though I just use dvd shrink cause it handles the older encryptions really well but not the new..

DVD Decrypter is no longer being updated because the author was threatened with litigation and the only thing that might stay updated is DVDFABDecrypter http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvdfab_decrypter.cfm

to convert from avi to dvd the best program is winaviconverter

DVD Decryptor rips the entire DVD and removes region and protection. Then DVDShrink can input the disk image decryptor makes and shrink the video while retaining the menus.

I haven't bought any new dvd's in a while so I don't know how DVDdecryptor is holding up against the latest protections. You might want to try some of the others mentioned. DVD decryptor lasted a lot longer than DVDXcopy before folding to pressure so it will handle much more than dvdxcopy. DVDshrink always seemed to do better than dvdxcopy to me.

Dvddecryptor an dvdshrink are the best. Shame that neither is made anymore ... The thing with that though is there are free region hacks out there you can use incase the region hacks in the program don't work.

My personal opinion is that if you own the movie, then, you should be allowed to make as many copies for personal use as you want. The RIAA of course don't want you to do that. Guess they feel the billions they make a year isn't enough for them ..

Johnny said:
My personal opinion is that if you own the movie, then, you should be allowed to make as many copies for personal use as you want. The RIAA of course don't want you to do that. Guess they feel the billions they make a year isn't enough for them ..
Problem is the MPAA feels they are losing $ by people going and downloading movies. I think if they would just do something like iTunes has done for the music industry they just might find that more people are willing to pay for a "rental" then are currently.

Xie said:
Problem is the MPAA feels they are losing $ by people going and downloading movies. I think if they would just do something like iTunes has done for the music industry they just might find that more people are willing to pay for a "rental" then are currently.

Yeah, the MPAA is what I meant to say, instead of the RIAA. I get them confused sometimes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back