DVD Clone programs

Lawman82

I see bad people
Hello everyone, I'm trying to find a dvd cloning program that works with Vista. I'm currently using Slysoft's anyDVD, And CloneDVD2. CloneDVD locks up while in process 0f reading the data. What programs are you to copy your DVD?

Method options:

1. AnyDVD with CloneDVD to create a selective backup and compress if you like to DVD-5
  2. AnyDVD with CloneDVD to create a selective backup and then re-encode that with DVD Rebuilder Pro to DVD-5
  3. AnyDVD with ImgBurn (freeware) to create an ISO and burn. The output will be whatever size the input was.
  4. AnyDVD ripper to rip the files to the HDD. The output will be whatever size the input was.
  5. AnyDVD with DVD Rebuilder Pro to rip and re-encode to DVD-5
  6. AnyDVD ripper with DVD Rebuilder Pro to re-encode the output from AnyDVD to DVD-5

Useful notes:

1. DVD Rebuilder Pro far surpasses DVD Shrink (freeware) and Nero Recode because re-encoding will always beat transcoding. Encoding will take longer but on a decent system it's nothing major, IMHO. Both HC (freeware) and CCE are good choices for an encoder. You simply cannot compare transcoders and encoders.
  2. VobBlanker (freeware) is also very useful for digging things out of DVDs that other software cannot
  3. Virtual CloneDrive (freeware) is very useful for mounting an image
EDIT: All the programs above are 100% compatible with Windows Vista 32-bit & 64-bit.

Last edited:
dvd fab hd decrypter
dvd shrink
then imgburn...

I've done 300+ discs and never a problem...works great.

dvd shrink blows

dvdrebuilder + cce = ftw!!! :)

Agreed. :)

DVD Shrink DVD-9 to DVD-5 = ~10-20 minutes
DVD Rebuilder Pro & CCE (One Pass VBR w/analysis) DVD-9 to DVD-5 = ~30 minutes
DVD Rebuilder Pro & CCE (3-pass) DVD-9 to DVD-5 = ~50-60 minutes
DVD Rebuilder Pro & CCE (9-pass) DVD-9 to DVD-5 = ~2.5-3 hrs

Quality-wise DVD Rebuilder wins hands down regardless of how many passes used. HC is free as opposed to CCE and slightly slower but making use of your multi-core processor speeds things up. It takes longer than DVD Shrink but the results are far better.

Note: I'm running a Q6600 with 8 GB of DDR2 1066 memory.

Granted they are pay, I like using AnyDVD and CloneDVD from Slysoft, works great and they update all the time!

KC, these are the programs I have been using but when clone dvd starts it stops about 2% in and then locks up my system. How you been able to keep it going, I'm using vista 32.

KC, these are the programs I have been using but when clone dvd starts it stops about 2% in and then locks up my system. How you been able to keep it going, I'm using vista 32.

You may have a bad original disc or you may have a conflict with something installed. There's definitely something odd going on. I use the software under Vista x64 so I don't see how it could have an issue with Vista 32-bit.

If your lockup happens with every disc then there's likely a conflict or a hardware issue. It might be advisable to post in the official Slysoft forums and ask for assistance or contact them directly.

I've used the software for years and never encountered a situation where my system locked up. I've run into bad discs, some bugs in the software that I discovered, etc, but never a lockup.

^Agreed.

Are you running the most current versions? I have had a bad disc or so but never had an issue with the software itself. Re-installing the software might not be a bad effort either. Make sure you do a right-click, run as administrator.

DVDRebulider Pro user :)
Donated since the first days of development and enjoy my lifetime updates :)

I normally use AnyDVD or ImgBurn but i found a dead simple program, 1 step to rip the DVD if you wanted. Check out Bitripper.

I dropped it all for dvdfab. That program is great ....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back