DVD CD Rom thingy ma jig.

L

Lee

I was wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I was playing 'The Cures greatest hits' disk 2 and when it gets to track 17 and 18, it starts to bounce and skip. So I cleaned it, still did it, cleaned the optic the same again, then stuck it in the cd rom drive and it works fine, so has this happened to anyone else, did you find a solution?

I will just use cd rom drive to play disks, but I think my dvd writer may be on it's last legs, even though I have used it maybe 10 times to burn disks.

What do you think?

lee, have u tried to update the firmware? what drive is this?

Are these burned disks or originals? I have burnt quite a few disks now and corruption begins at tracks >15. I am presuming it's burn speed. Lower it to <40 or more and see if it rectifies the problem.

They're not burned, they are originals, music bought from our price or virgin.

ohh yeah sorry i also forgot to ask u to post the firmware revision

Disc reflectivity and error levels plays a major factor in drives reading discs. Some drives handle variations better than others. What I suggest is using an "secure" ripper like EAC to rip the disc to hard drive.

And yes, even brand new, "original" discs can contain errors, mastering errors or inconsistencies that cause them not to play correctly. Even worse is if they are CDS copy protected discs that have intentionally mastered C2 errors.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back