DVD Burning Software

omg its nlm

lvl 17 Hax
Well I have a question and I don't want to search for it. :nervous:

I have some DVDs here I would like to copy. I am a scratch master and don't believe in putting them back in the cases. My laptop has an DVD Burner so I guess I should use it.

What software do you recommend?

You need one that "repairs" scratches and has CSS built in. Region code removal is nice too. Note repairs scratches and defects is a euphonism for breaks the latest copy protection scheme. It's not really protection, it's intentional dmage to screw with decoder software. But in your case it does both critical jobs.

http://dvd-copy-software-review.toptenreviews.com/

I'd go with Cloner 4. 1Click is pricey and missing region code removal.

PS Thanks for being lazy. I needed to bone up on the latest anyway. :)

Rip with DVDDecrypter, compress (if necessary) with DVDShrink and burn with imgburn.

Dreamliner, Has DVD Decryptor or DVDD Shrink been updated to repair the "fake" damage inserted to defeat CSS decryption?

I did not see any indication that it had. And I thought both of those products stopped being updated a year or two ago. I downloaded the latest copy to see if the "damaged" DVD protection weakness has been fixed.

Update - Neither program has been updated in 2 years. That means that many of the newer DVDs and/or DVDs with accidental damage will not be copyable. Looks like we have to pay to play these days...

nlm - by all means try the freebies, just don't expect them to be 100% capable.

Last edited:
Dreamliner, Has DVD Decryptor or DVDD Shrink been updated to repair the "fake" damage inserted to defeat CSS decryption?

I did not see any indication that it had. And I thought both of those products stopped being updated a year or two ago. I downloaded the latest copy to see if the "damaged" DVD protection weakness has been fixed.

Update - Neither program has been updated in 2 years. That means that many of the newer DVDs and/or DVDs with accidental damage will not be copyable. Looks like we have to pay to play these days...

nlm - by all means try the freebies, just don't expect them to be 100% capable.

There are many ways to still go. First, very rarely do I run into "protected" dvd's. Secondly, you can use .psl files. the frontend "ripit4me" makes it pretty easy.

dvd decrypter is still the best, it rips 99% of the dvds out there. not on its own, since development has discontinued, but with ripit4me (which has now also discontinued, but still does the job better than anything else). it uses dvd shrink to transcode if necessary and imgburn to burn.

works better than the commercial solutions. dvdfab free also works nicely.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back