DVD/Burner problemo

L

Lee

O.k. I changed my motherboard last week and reconfigured cables and added a new cd drive.

My burner (which is the problem) under properties I could right click it and choose speed for burning disk, x2 x4 x8 x10 x12 etc.

Now since I did format and reinstalled everything (took 3 days :( ) I right click dvd and can't actually set burn speed, even after upadting all drivers for it from my software roxio ez cd creator 6.

Any ideas what I need to do to correct this small problem?

Firmware is latest update and If I want to change my burning software I would start a poll on it in another thread.

well roxio is the worst software, and anyways what model dvd writer do you have, it would be helpful if you posted info

I did that dreamliner, just mythed why right click dvd has lost this function.

Mafia, like you have used every piece of software for burning haven't you, so lets not start dissin roxio as I find their software for burning the easiest to use and most functional.

Sometimes the OS gets confused when two drives are installed right off.

There are two things you can try to start with.

1-shut down and disconnect the IDE cable and power to the CD drive then reboot go to device manager\dvd\cd-rom drives expand, right click then uninstall then go up to (scan for hardware changes) let the OS find the drive again. see if that helps

2- Check this M$ Article it works for DVD drive also, I have used it.

http://www.support.microsoft.com/?kbid=316529

Will roxio burn to the DVD drive?

Do you have the recording tab when in properties of the drive?

Lee said:
I did that dreamliner, just mythed why right click dvd has lost this function.

Mafia, like you have used every piece of software for burning haven't you, so lets not start dissin roxio as I find their software for burning the easiest to use and most functional.

yes i have used every writing software, want anything else answered?

I'm with mafia, I have used roxio (very, very shortly) and use nero ever since, nothing could make me go back.

Hey, Lee wasn't asking for a new burning software. I personally can't stand Roxio, but lets just try to get him answers and make him switch software. Don't let this turn into another amd vs. intel type of thread.

dogg's response sorted it, still I have to tweak it a little to get it off 1 x or fastest.

With that in mind I am sure I can work around that myself.

[CLOSED]

That's Good I'm glad to see the problems worked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back