DVD Buning programs

stp34

OSNN Newbie
I was jut wondering what is the best way to burn a avi or a divx to a dvd. I used nero and my computer overheats dam near when encoding. I have 3000+, 512 megs ram, 240 gig hard drive

I use nero vision and it does the job just fine. It always uses up 100% of my cpu but it's attempting to encode the file to dvd as fast as possible and hence it uses up all available cpu cycles. All encoding programs should do this.

If overheating is your issue than maybe a new fan would cool things down a bit more. What kind of temperatures do you reach?

I use nero and burn them as data dvd's ...

if you want to convert the avi to a dvd file, use WinAvi Converter...takes 45 minutes to convert (usually less) and then just burn the dvd files with nero or deepburner or cd burner xp pro...

Get your heat issue under control. Like yalooze said, get better cooling.

yeah my temp gets up to 77 degrees celsius, i think my heat sink is full of crap. I am going to get a new heat sink and fan and see what that does. Thanks for your reply's

if you burn an avi as a data file does it play in most dvd palyers?

If you have a dvd player that will play xvid or divx it will play them ..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back