DVD 2 DVD copy

Elroy Jetson

Little Dipper School
My home DVD player cannot play European (region 2) DVD movies, because it is an Australian one (region 4). I am looking for a software to copy DVD2DVD and change the region setting. There are lots out there, but I am looking for a free one (don't want to spend US$50 for one copy!)

Any suggestions welcome. Cheers, EJ :blink:

Same here!! I need to have one of DVD coping software!

Well, if you want it that bad u will either pay the price or go buy dvds in the right region!

Skazz

not all movies are released in all regions......many of my asian dvd's are region 2 or even 3 and in pal as well sometimes

i just decided to get a region free dvd player w/built in pal/ntsc converter

or you could always check to see if your dvd player is hackable
such as was the case with my jvc

Just noticed that Daemon supports multi region. When installed look under 'set device parameters'. I can't say whether it works or not. Don't have a dvd player. I use it as a virtual cd only.

Theres really no such thing as a free lunch !

Originally posted by RogerPhillis
Theres really no such thing as a free lunch !
Gotta disagree with that........for the home user anyway. There is so much freeware around you just have to dig a little & wham there it is. For the home user this stuff really does an adequate job sometimes better than programs that cost $$$$.

just change the region through the registry -

1.Start > RUN > regedit

2.Click the + (plus) sign to the left of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE. > software > microsoft > windows > then Highlight the CurrentVersion folder.

Choose Edit, New, Binary Value. An entry (New Value #1) will appear on the right side of the Registry Editor screen
Step 7: New Value #1

Type the following: DefaultDVDRegion.
Once created, set the Binary Value to 0 or 1 - (depending on what is teh current value)
Close the Registry.
Re-Run the DVD software (reinstall) .
It should prompt for region selection again. Set the region to 1 (or applicable country).

That's what I did, It worked for me fine. I know someone who had the same issue running home edition and was not able to watch his dvds from Hungry. He ended up buying a new dvd drive :). Guess he should have talked to me first

sucker.

is elroy asking about a home dvd player or dvd rom?

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
Elroy is asking about a home DVD, NOT a DVD-ROM. And I have found tha answer despite all the babble here.

thought so.........ah... i have a region free player..and a hacked jvc..so i dont worry bout any of that region coding

Originally posted by Elroy Jetson
My home DVD player cannot .............

:eek: hehe, yeah :eek:

well my fix is there for people who want to change the region on their comps. Sorry for the Temp dyslexia

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back