DV in/out

tibboh

Arte et Marte
I have a Panasonic DV camcorder that was bought with only a DV-out facility. I overcame the problem of trying to take finished film back OFF the computer via firewire with the aid of a 'WIDGET' (DV-IN enabler) which plugs into the still port of the camcorder.

What I was wondering does the DV-IN enabler allow the camcorder to take film directly off a VCR via the 'S' Video cable, or does it only work via the firewire? (to save me humping my VCR upstairs into the office as I want to transfer some old analogue VCR footage onto DVD). :)

Whoa.. interesting...
Where ya get this DV-IN enabler?

I should say that all camcorders have the facility to DV-In, but are disabled as this brings the machine into a different tax bracket, as it would then be classed similar to a VCR - which apparently is why they are more expensive (dont shoot the messenger)

The enabler plugs into the 'still port' and electronically activates the DV-IN until such times as you disable it again (its about the size of a USB flash drive with a small lead to plug in = and converts via existing electronics to a 'recorder' for external sources)

Hope this helps - my original question tho was, will it work using the 'S' video cable as well as the firewire cable (which it does work with) - can anyone advise?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back