Duplicate thread problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave holbon

OSNN Veteran Addict
Every time I try to post a new thread the message “This is a duplicate posted in the last five minutes” or similar pops up, any ideas?

server problems at the moment as far as i know.

i bet you posted a message and got an error about no internet connection or something like that and you tried to repost the same message.

No I had no error message just the duplicate message already mentioned. In fact whilst everyone else has reported problems I’ve had none at all. Everything worked fine over the last few days.

:)

Everything has worked fine for me as well the past few days until this afternoon. Now things are on and off again. You won't necessarily receive error messages but it could still be the same issue.

I just received the same message. My thread hasn't shown up yet but apparently it will at some point.

All my threads have disappeared completely at the moment, does the server use ECC registered modules?

Trying to get errors here, had 1 dupe thread so far which was weird.

dave holbon said:
Now it's emailing me my own post's te he.

Don't you just love that? :p

And we don't know what ram the server uses. It is not ram related though, as then it would have allready died before, or at least i would have had some logs as to what the problem could be.

I just posted a thread, didn't show up either. :(

It has happened to all my threads thus far.

One work around is instead of simply submitting, click on preview post, wait a bit and then submit THAT.

It has worked for me on the last coupla threads I have tried. Possible workaround till the problem is identified and resolved :)

I'm running into the same problem, as I had a few days ago, with the following exception:

In both cases, clicking on reply didn't seem to do anything. Browser still says that the page load is done, but the page doesn't change. There is in fact no indication that any communication between the server and browser even occured (though obviously something must have transmitted).

This appearance leaves one thinking that it wasn't replied to (mouse issue, or whatever) so they click it again. First time it happened, I thought there was something on my comp, though obviously not. Now I know better... A few days ago however, getting the duplicate message thread, clicking on the forum index, the thread was listed. So obviously it posted, but didn't notify the browser at my end it had.

Tonight however, nothing posted... Waiting 5 mins, and will try again, per saz's suggestion.

OK, I tried what saz suggested, if he means "submit message" write under the previewed post, and not further down. I'm assuming this is what he meant? I even tried slightly modifying the thread title. It started to post, and then I got "page stopped" in the browser. It seems I can't create the thread.

Edit: OK, I tried the other link from it, no good, nothing appeared, and the dup error message didn't until I back browsed. There's one other combination to try, else create thread is dead for now...

Last edited:
My friend cody is having this problem...he said he made a thread yesterday but it didnt let him and then he tried today and it said he has a duplicate one.

Sazar said:

One work around is instead of simply submitting, click on preview post, wait a bit and then submit THAT.

It has worked for me on the last coupla threads I have tried. Possible workaround till the problem is identified and resolved :)
Thanks man! That helped for me as well (I posted here about this problem)

Sazar said:

Did that. Still didn't work for me. :s

Assuming I'm doing the same thing saz is suggesting, didn't work for me either. There are 2 submit links on the page and I have effectively tried both of them, first the submit message, then submit new post latter from that resulting preview window. I've tried modifying the title, and then modifying the message...

Unless there's something more specific to it, or it only works on messages one didn't try to post previously, before trying this, dunno... Anyhow, same prob today as last night, as it still doesn't show in the forum index...

I do have an idea however, partially sparked by someone commenting (in another thread) that some posts they posted yesterday had disappeared. Is it possible the posts are getting posted in some sort of an invisable or hidden mode that prevents them from being displayed. We couldn't see them, but they are in the list? Perhaps related to the same problem that resulted in the person's posts disappearing, where they formerly displayed, as mentioned here?

http://forum.osnn.net/showpost.php?p=592318&postcount=62

This problem now, looks almost like what I was seeing several days ago... Except several days ago (I think I made a comment about it), the thread did appear, albeit it didn't look like the submit button was hit.

Last edited:
Tried to post a few things as threads yesterday and today and they went A.W.O.L.!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back