• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Duplicate Folders

Z

ZipTriX

Just formatted, and proceeded the same way as usual when installing programs. This time, something caused every folder in my C: drive to duplicate. Anyone experience this and know how to fix it? System Restore did not correct the problem.

Z

ZipTriX

Originally posted by Hipster Doofus
I would start again & not chose the quick format option. Go the long way round. Don't know what would cause duplicate folders. :confused:
I never use the quick format option. Always delete everything and start from the beginning. :cool:

yoyo

Never heard of this problem before.

Can you explain a bit more? Is it really every folder, two Windows folders, two Docs and Settings? When you create a new folder somewhere gets this duplicated also? Do they have the same names or are they numbered?

Z

ZipTriX

Originally posted by yoyo
Never heard of this problem before.

Can you explain a bit more? Is it really every folder, two Windows folders, two Docs and Settings? When you create a new folder somewhere gets this duplicated also? Do they have the same names or are they numbered?
Tought I attached a screenshot. :huh: Here's the screenie.

D

Dirk Diggler

Never seen that before, usually when XP has to create a duplicate it gives it a slightly different name, like WINDOWS. or similar but never the same name. How can it distinguish the correct WINDOWS folder from the incorrect one.

Members online

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sierge