Dungeon Keeper II

heyemoking

OSNN Newbie
I recently bought Dungeon Keeper II and it installed great I have the odd few times were it locks up and I have to restart the game but that doesn't bother me! What does is that the narrator keeps repeating the same line over and over "the very rock yawns at the anticipation of your next move" and auto zooms to any room in my dungeon! It does this to the point were I can't play it properly any more because it keeps auto zooming all over my dungeon.

If anyone has any idea how to sort this problem please get in contact!

xp? vista? do you have directx 9 installed (latest) graphics drivers, chipset drivers, have you tried running it in compatibility mode? 640x480? 256 colours?

I finally fixed it! If anyone is interested here is how.

> Run DKII

> Once the menu is loaded hold down ctrl alt delete

> Task Manager will open and the game will minimize

> Right click Dungeon Keeper click "Go To Process" this will go directly to
the process in the processes window

> Right click the process should be something like "DKII.exe" click "Set Affinity" this will open the "Processor Affinity" window

> There should be two "CPU" processes checked, uncheck one of them I always keep CPU0 checked and uncheck CPU1

> Close Task Manager and click the Dugeon Keeper II tab on the taskbar

Hope this helps people out!

Thats a very strange bug, but good job finding the answer!
Happy gaming and thanks for sharing!

WinlauncherXP was made for the games that have trouble with multicore CPU's and there are alot of games that run weird on more than one cpu... I love the way it can launch games from a list you make yourself.

No problem! I love this game I wouldn't give up on it so I just trawled the internet for some answer haha

Now, does Dungeon Keeper have the same problem, I wonder? :devious:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back