Dumb Client Emails

madmatt

Awesome is as awesome does.
Political Access
I get so many dumb emails from clients that I decided to start a thread. I'll probably forget about this thread, but this email that came in last night takes the cake. Best email I have ever received from a client.

Hi Matthew:

I have been playing a few CD’s in my modem( I think that is what it is called) and all of a sudden it does not play them anymore!

Please advise.

I would paste some I get from working support at a webhost, but I'd have to import half 2/3rds of our support desk database :D

I don't work the helpdesk anymore, but I've seen some pearls

Along similar lines, I noticed this today:

How is Folding Home helping find cures for diseases?

Does the electricy go from our PS3 and go towards a university and they sell the electricty for money or do they use the electricity for themselves?

And how does it go from our PS3 to them?

Can anyone explain this to me without getting too much techinal
icon_razz.gif

Made me laugh anyway!

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=168683

I work as a tech support at one of Swedens largest companies. A customer calls in, identifies himself as a Research and Development customer (supposed to know everything, even more than me). And he says:

Customer: I am supposed to start using this new software.
Me: Ok, whats the name of the software?
Customer: Notepad.
Me: Come again?
Customer: Yeah Notepad, where do I find it?
Me (wondering if this is a prank): Umm.. Start > Programs > Acessories > Notepad.
Customer: Then what?
Me (doubting this is for real): You start to write?
Customer: And then?
Me (shaking my head): You save it...??
Customer: And how do I do that? I mean, if I click on Save, where will it be saved?
Me: Well, wherever you choose to save it; your desktop, my documents, your homeshare...
Customer: Ok and then?
Me: Well... you're done.
Customer: Thanks! (Hangs up)

I looked around to see if any of my co-workers were ducking behind their desk giggling but no... this was for real. I started to laugh my ass off, my manager had to come tell me to laugh more quietly :D And it still brings me much joy to remember this conversation, I doubt I will ever forget...

Oh what joy. :p

Now this one is brilliant!

Customer just bought a PC, full extra. After 2 days he called, and said that the cofee cup support is broken!

Yeap! The CD Rom...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back