dual psu

adek

Very xp-erianced
Have a new server case coming with a 400w psu. Is there a way to connect my old 300w psu to turn on and off with the new one as i dont want to butcher the new one to get 5V and 7V

you could connect the two wires that switch off the psu but dont tell me which one

and thats kinda hardcore why not get a 1kw psu

Found this:

OcUK N-way PSU relay (OA-000-OC)
The OcUK PSU relay allows multiple PSU's to be switched on or off together while being completely isolated from each other. Perfect for multi-PSU cases such as the Juno P6 full tower this removes any requirement for modifying your PSU's wiring - saving the user from performing a possibly dangerous process.

Containg two sockets - one for a standard 4-pin molex plug (as used by CD-ROM or Hard Drives) and another for a standard ATX power connector, the heavy duty relay onboard isolates the two Power Supplies protecting your system from dangerous spikes. While most cases struggle to contain two power supplies, should you have the room you may also daisy-chain as many power supplier as you have.

Note : This device does not combine the power going into the motherboard as this would likely cause damage to components. When using multiple power supplies you should allways share devices between the PSU's rather than combining multiple PSU's into one device.

Review at Moddin.net

Price: £12.95 (£15.22 Including VAT at 17.5%)

but isnt this what you want to psus for to get higher power rating so you can run more stuff

Originally posted by adek
i dont want to butcher the new one to get 5V and 7V
Not sure what you mean here. 5V is the red wires and 7V can be accomplished by connecting between the yellow (12V) and the red (5V) wires.

wanted one to run the computer and one to run the fans

400W is plenty enough if that's what you're worried about...

I am running 5 case fans, cold cathode light, 2 SCSI drives, CDRW, CDROM, 2 psu fans, CPU fan with a 450W psu. No problems.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back