Dual Pentium mobo question

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hey Guys,

What would happen if I was to put a PIII 733mghz and a PIII533mghz CPU onto a dual CPU board? Would the mobo blow up like some yahoo who works at the local BestBuy told me. He's talkin' like shards of mobo would be flying from the case and embed itself into my walls at my house. What would really happen, honestly?

Heeter

ming

OSNN Advanced
well it should be dependent on the FSB or whatever jumper you tweak. If that's the case then you'll either OC the 533 CPU and put that to its very limit (and blow it up) or you'll under clock the 733 CPU and not allow it to run at it's optimum speed.

Does that sound ok to you guys? Coz I'm only thinking of logic here. Don't really have a clue as to what will really happen.

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
Q: Can I run 2 CPU's with different speeds?

A: Yes, but it is not recommended, nor guaranteed to work well. I have yet to see someone report running different speed CPU's without problems. So long as you can raise or lower the speed of one CPU to match the other by changing the multiplier, it will work fine. Obviously, this is a bit of a problem with Intel CPU's and the Athlon XP--to a certain extent. Basically, just buy the CPU's at the same speed and save yourself the hassle.

link = http://www.zone365.com/content/10/25/1

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
I personally am not going to try it. This was more of an information question. My assumptions first were that the faster chip would be forced to operate at the same speed as the slower one.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut