Dual OS!! HELP??

S

SUbsysT9

hi all

ive install winxp clean on a 60 gig hard drive. now after a while wanted to install win me but cannot install it on c: drive becuase win xp is there. any ideas on how to do this??

thanks in advance

wont i loose all the data on drive c:? and if not what happens to all the data when i remove partion c: with fdisk? i would like to still keep win xp.

If teh 60GB is one partition you are out of luck. You'll have to create a secondary partition. Put ME on C: and XP on D:

Originally posted by SUbsysT9
wont i loose all the data on drive c:? and if not what happens to all the data when i remove partion c: with fdisk? i would like to still keep win xp.
Not if you use partition magic, which also comes with boot magic. I have 4os's on my system all work great. U can add copy or delete in a flash. It will even let you shrink a partition to add an OS.

well i like to first thank everybody involved for giving me the advise, but later last night while trying to work with partion magic it crashed and i did loose my data which was worth 20 gigs of pretty important stuff and the drive is not accessable now (i was warn and did not backup i am an idiot and thats that) so will have to do it the norm and zero fill the hard drive install good old win me and then win xp. :( will try this again one day, have to get it right for other to know about.

yup, partition magic is good, but if it crashes during operations u are pretty much foooked, same happened to me once, i nearly punched though the wall next to my puter :-S i was not a happy chappie!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back